• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    The back door methods Cruz needs to invoke to challenge Trump at the GOP Convention will ensure the Democrats hold the White House for at least another 8 years. He has made himself unelectable and if he had any integrity at all he would bow out and support Trump instead of continuing to divide the Party. Without unity the Republicans don't stand a chance much like when the Dems had the edge on Bush they blew the election because they wouldn't unite. If Trump is a failure the Republicans can challenge him in four years and still save face with the American public. As it stands now, I would rather not vote than to cast support to Cruz.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Leo I think the crux of the problem is the career part of 'career politician'. In a more perfect world we would go back to the days where participating in government was something you did in addition to your real world job. Instead politicians have become modern Pharisees with the sausage-making of politics their entire raison d'etre. We need to go back to all politics being done in about a 90 day span, and if if it can't be done therein it's not that important - then everybody returns to their real jobs unless and until some extraordinary crisis requiring the intervention of congress or the next scheduled legislative session. DC should be like some amusement park that's only open in the summer (except for the memorials and museums)

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Leo I think the crux of the problem is the career part of 'career politician'. In a more perfect world we would go back to the days where participating in government was something you did in addition to your real world job. Instead politicians have become modern Pharisees with the sausage-making of politics their entire raison d'etre. We need to go back to all politics being done in about a 90 day span, and if if it can't be done therein it's not that important - then everybody returns to their real jobs unless and until some extraordinary crisis requiring the intervention of congress or the next scheduled legislative session. DC should be like some amusement park that's only open in the summer (except for the memorials and museums)

+1 big factor

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

I agree that a part time legislature of people holding actual jobs would go a long way to fixing the broken DC centric system.

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    Oh, you mean the rules? I hate it when people follow actual written rules.

If Trump is winning and probably will win, what benefit do you see coming from Trump being denied the nomination at the convention? Go ahead and vote for Cruz if you wish. He'll just lose to Hillary.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    If Trump gets to the convention with more than half the delegates, he wins. If he doesnt', it means more than half the delegates are not for him. So they vote again until somebody wins. Might be Trump, might not. Since Cruz is the only conservative and only Republican among the four remaining candidates who have a chance to be president, we'd be much better off with him.

Change of subject: Ted Cruz's college room mate spills the beans: neo-neocon » Blog Archive » Okay, let?s play identity politics: a Ted Cruz friendship that should be publicized

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    If Trump is winning and probably will win, what benefit do you see coming from Trump being denied the nomination at the convention? Go ahead and vote for Cruz if you wish. He'll just lose to Hillary.

Trump is neither a conservative nor a republican. I see every benefit for him being denied the nomination, he should never have been allowed to run as the candidate of a party he has never identified with. Go ahead and vote for Trump if you wish, He'll just lose to Hitlery.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    If Trump gets to the convention with more than half the delegates, he wins. If he doesnt', it means more than half the delegates are not for him. So they vote again until somebody wins. Might be Trump, might not. Since Cruz is the only conservative and only Republican among the four remaining candidates who have a chance to be president, we'd be much better off with him.

Change of subject: Ted Cruz's college room mate spills the beans: neo-neocon » Blog Archive » Okay, let?s play identity politics: a Ted Cruz friendship that should be publicized

:yesway:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The back door methods Cruz needs to invoke to challenge Trump at the GOP Convention will ensure the Democrats hold the White House for at least another 8 years. He has made himself unelectable and if he had any integrity at all he would bow out and support Trump instead of continuing to divide the Party. Without unity the Republicans don't stand a chance much like when the Dems had the edge on Bush they blew the election because they wouldn't unite. If Trump is a failure the Republicans can challenge him in four years and still save face with the American public. As it stands now, I would rather not vote than to cast support to Cruz.

What back door methods?

What do you mean probably win? You mean having the most delegates, or the majority of delegates? And as for losing to Hillary, I'd say that goes for both. But with a lesser chance with Cruz.

Ted has been caught bribing delegates already, I don't think he cares about the rules.

Cite please. Also from what I understand there is no rule against bribing delegates, and Trump's campaign manager refused to rule out them doing so.

Top Bottom