• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I was in Cowpokes on thurs picking up a hat I had steamed and formed.
    It has been maybe 3 years since I had been in the store. Its stone full of merchandise..
    It has come a long way the last twenty years.
    And building a new location in Crawfordsville area where the horse shows are…

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I was in Cowpokes on thurs picking up a hat I had steamed and formed.
    It has been maybe 3 years since I had been in the store. Its stone full of merchandise..
    It has come a long way the last twenty years.

Last time I had a hat steamed and formed, shop kept telling me I had to wait on "the girl" to come in....come back tomorrow. She was not in. Come back tomorrow.

Asked them to call when "the girl" was actually in and I would show then.

Got the call. "The girl" looked like she was about 20. "Good God...this is what I've been waiting for?" was my first thought.

Well, that was a lesson...."The girl" knew her work very well. Talked with her as she did her work. Turns out she and her family have been around it her entire life...barrell racing, quarter horses, on and on.

"Cool your jets and don't judge a book by it's cover" was what I was reminded of very quickly.

Some folks know their ****, and it is not age dependent.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Last time I had a hat steamed and formed, shop kept telling me I had to wait on "the girl" to come in....come back tomorrow. She was not in. Come back tomorrow.

Asked them to call when "the girl" was actually in and I would show then.

Got the call. "The girl" looked like she was about 20. "Good God...this is what I've been waiting for?" was my first thought.

Well, that was a lesson...."The girl" knew her work very well. Talked with her as she did her work. Turns out she and her family have been around it her entire life...barrell racing, quarter horses, on and on.

"Cool your jets and don't judge a book by it's cover" was what I was reminded of very quickly.

Some folks know their ****, and it is not age dependent.
    The young lady that did my girls hat was in, when I dropped it off, maybe late twentys?
    Its just a XX Justin and it had some heat damage from being left in a rear window to long. The hat came back looking as new.
    15.00 bill.
    Next time im in Anderson I will drop my Stetson off and let her steam and block it.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    The young lady that did my girls hat was in, when I dropped it off, maybe late twentys?
    Its just a XX Justin and it had some heat damage from being left in a rear window to long. The hat came back looking as new.
    15.00 bill.
    Next time im in Anderson I will drop my Stetson off and let her steam and block it.

Out of curiosity, how would you describe her?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The guys at the Quarterhorse congress are very good also. Can’t think of their name offhand, but they are there every year and that is all they do, sell hats and shape them...

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I just bought some ariat steel toes. I dont think they're the best western boot in the world but ive never worn cowboy boots so i didnt want to break the bank on something i didnt know if id like. Turns out I really like them. Only issue ive found is I dont have enough long socks. When these wear out ill purchase a MIA pair. For now I think they'll do just fine. I look forward to putting them on.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I just bought some ariat steel toes. I dont think they're the best western boot in the world but ive never worn cowboy boots so i didnt want to break the bank on something i didnt know if id like. Turns out I really like them. Only issue ive found is I dont have enough long socks. When these wear out ill purchase a MIA pair. For now I think they'll do just fine. I look forward to putting them on.
    These are the “best dang boot socks” I have ever tried.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    If you want a decent sock, get a "darned tough".
    I’ve been buying these for a few years but I think in the crew size for my regular redwing boots. I recently purchased their tactical over the calf. But only 3 pairs because besides being darn tough, they’re darn expensive.

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    Well boys, on my 3rd pair of Tecovas Cartwrights and I think I got a pair that fits close enough. So I may keep them.
    I’m going to order a pair of Tecovas. I consistently wear a 12 in Nike/Asics athletic shoes, but wear 11D in a square toe Ariat cowboy boot. I am looking at the Doc style from Tecovas. What size would you start out with? Appreciate the advice in advance!

Top Bottom