• actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    SaveChildren - Mar 03, 2012 10:08 PM

Wow. Just wow. We wouldn't have to teach children to handle guns if the right-wing gun nuts would just think of the kids for just one moment. 3,184 children are killed each year by guns. It's just illogical to own a gun in this day and age.

This was the 2nd comment on the site. Makes me want to punch a kitten. I couldn't leave a comment because I'm not a member of that site.

My comment would be, how many would be killed by firearms not being there. Then talk about all the places that have taken guns away, and violent crime went up.

But I guess I'm just preachin to the choir here.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I agree with teaching kids the basics, but this guy tells them to never point a gun at anything they do not want to destroy.... THEN POINTS IT DIRECTLY AT HIS OWN FACE!!!
    Great, now one of these kids, wanting to act like the "teacher" to his friends, may go and do the same STUPID thing as this genius!

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I agree with teaching kids the basics, but this guy tells them to never point a gun at anything they do not want to destroy.... THEN POINTS IT DIRECTLY AT HIS OWN FACE!!!
    Great, now one of these kids, wanting to act like the "teacher" to his friends, may go and do the same STUPID thing as this genius!

when he did that, he said something like "is this smart?" and all the kids said "NOOOooooo"

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    So do you agree or disagree with pointing a gun at your face to teach kids a lesson. Cause its still not cool to do that even if it was to teach kids do's & do not's.

obviously, it is a terrible idea. I was just pointing out what he was doing when he did it. Its certainly not anything I would ever do.

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    When my daughter was living with me, I showed her every firearm that I purchased, explained how it worked, how to use it, where the safety's were, etc. Then I would say, now you know all about this weapon if you want to shoot it at the range with me that's fine but they are not to be shown or mentioned to any of her friends etc.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    when he did that, he said something like "is this smart?" and all the kids said "NOOOooooo"

Your right, and my point is, kids like to act like adults and WILL repeat what they are taught! I could easily see one of these kids showing one of their friends EXACTLY what they were taught! Kids love to show other kids how smart they are, especially when they think they have a chance to look and act like the grown ups! If it's o.k. For the "teacher" to point a gun at his own face as a "teachable moment" then it must be o.k. For me to "teach" my little brother or my friend the same way! "do as I say, not as I do"!?:dunno:

Top Bottom