• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kingrat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Evansville
    come one, come all, if you are displeased at all with anything mayor Weinzapfel or the current city council etc is doing, come protest with us

dont want to buy a huge stadium? tired of him wasting taxpayer money? special back room deals? the homestead tax exemption that was reinstated (after complaints)

we all know that he and his cronies dont represent anyone but themselves, and we certainly dont want mayor Weinzapfel to run for governor

there were over 2000 people who showed up at the last one, lets see if we can make it to 4000 this time

paste of 2nd amendment patriots email from tuesday:

Numbers at the bottom of page
    Little fish grow up to be big fish and crooked little fish grow up to be crooked big fish. The same can be said for some politicians, not all, just some.

I'm sure all of us have heard someone tell us they don't think there's anything we can do to change things. Heck, I feel that way sometimes myself and I'll bet you do, too.

But, there are things we can do. It's just a matter of having the will power to do it. For example it's harder to reel in a big fish, I mean a big politician than a small one so there is our challenge.

Let's say we have a mayor of a city, well let's just use Mayor Jonathon Weinzapfel of Evansville for an example. Here's a guy that ran against former Congressman Hostettler for Congress back in the mid 90's. During his campaign he had on his platform that he supported former President Clinton's assault weapon ban.

When Mr. Weinzapfel attended one of our Patriot meetings and was asked about that position, he denied it in front of the entire audience we had that night. We had a feeling that he might do that so we had a copy of his statements on the subject and handed it to him. Frustrated, he left as quickly as he could after speaking in spite of being asked to stay.

This gentleman now has become the Mayor of Evansville. As mayor he appointed Brad Hill as Chief of Police. This is the police chief whose policy it was to make things very difficult for citizens of Evansville when they applied for their handgun license.

Though the 2nd Amendment Patriots were successful recently in making that department mend their ways the fact remains that Mayor Weinzapfel had no problems with his appointed police chief and their rude and abusive manners and policies on handgun applications.

Now this mayor is making preparations to possibly run for governor of Indiana in 2012 on the Democrat ticket. Now some folks here locally are disgusted with the Mayor's decision to annex portions of the county into the city, which will generate the city more revenue. They are also tired of his determination to build an arena without allowing a referendum vote and to top things off he's now made Vanderburgh county the first and only county out of 92 counties in Indiana to no longer have a homestead exemption to help keep property taxes lower.

If this fish, I mean politician becomes a bigger fish, did I say fish again? becomes governor he could advance his careless agenda which includes his support for gun control on a state level. Remember this; governors sometimes become presidents as we all know.

If the folks would take action in these early stages of politicians who are a threat to our values we might not have what we have now at the federal level.

If the good folks of the city of Evansville would call the Indiana State Chairman and Vice at the numbers at the bottom of this page, and issue their complaints we could generate enough doubt in their mind about his qualifications and elect ability.

On top of that it would be even more helpful if all the folks throughout Indiana on this e-mail list who would rather not have a governor who is weak on the Second Amendment and possibly make gun ownership difficult state wide like he did locally with his police chief, place a complaint call into these numbers as well.

What would be the coup de grace is if those who live beyond the limits of Indiana would make a call to encourage the Democrat State party to abandon him as a candidate. I'm sure it would make them wonder how the notoriety of a local mayor could reach so far.

We'd sure appreciate all the fishermen and women that could help us take a small fish out of the political pond. Make your calls and call often.

Letters to the editor would help, too. For Evansville write to viewpoint@courierpress.com For the rest of the folks in Indiana write your particular newspaper. This will be a great learning experience for the rest of this country to see how individual citizens can control their future and destiny with virtually little effort.

It will work. It's all up to YOU.

Thanks,

Jim and Margie
    2nd Amendment Patriots
    STAY UNITED
    www.2ndamendmentpatriots.org | The right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Top Bottom