• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunGuyEVV

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    How durable is the Taurus PT 92 or 100? I want to buy on just for the looks and some backyard shooting, but I want to make sure it isn't going to break on me.

Thanks

Neo46121

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Putnam County
    My pt99 (92 with adjustable sights) is from 1993 according to the serial number. Round count is unknown.
    Only problem I see is one broken spring on the slide stop (1$ fix) and some of the blueing on the slide is wearing thin.

They're very durable so don't be nervous

Last edited:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Very durable, VERY reliable, and quite accurate. I've owned several over the years. Only problem I had was one that broke the locking block. It had over thirty thousand rounds at the time, so I don't think that constitutes a real problem :D

These are very solid guns, the flagship of the Taurus line. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Taurus's PT 92/99 are a VERY good gun. Keep in mind they also come with a lifetime warranty. Even if you buy it used! You should be able to pick up a good used PT 92 for about $350. Now as far as their Millennium, I'd probably stay away from that. Bad stories heavily out weigh the good ones. Their 1911's, the one I got to fire wasn't bad. Would rather have a Spring Field or Kimber 1911.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've heard good things about the PT92 - every bit as durable, if not more so, than the Beretta 92FS. So you should be good to go with one!

But bear in mind I've never had one myself, or even handled one. This is just what I've picked up on different gun forums.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I had one back in 1983 when they first started to test the Beretta's for the military, mine was a 99 great gun, Taurus actually bought Beretta's old machines to make them....way back then anyway

IndyJeff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I carried the Beretta M-9 in the military and I've owned the Taurus PT-92 for a few years now. I put about 1000 rounds through it every year. I've only had one failure to feed with it and I was using junk ammo when it happened. The frame mounted decocker is much easier to use than Beretta's slide mounted. I truly love the weapon and would recommend it to anyone. Go out and buy it!!!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom