• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glockman23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indy
    I love my XL. Been my edc for a year and a half with no rust issues. I put a wilson combat grip module on and that thing is sweet. I would definitely recommend

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I should say I've carried it in a lot of heat while fishing, in a hybrid IWB holster. Not been an issue so far.
    What kind of holster do you use? I've looked at hybrids in the past but never used one. I've looked at Cross Breed, Versa Carry and recently found Hidden Holsters. But haven't really decided on one yet. I like the idea of leather backing sounds like it would be more comfortable

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    What kind of holster do you use? I've looked at hybrids in the past but never used one. I've looked at Cross Breed, Versa Carry and recently found Hidden Holsters. But haven't really decided on one yet. I like the idea of leather backing sounds like it would be more comfortable
    Currently my preferred for the 365 is Crossbreed mini tuck with founder's leather.

Here's one for the 365 in horsehide (I prefer Founder's leather look, but I'm sure horsehide is nice as well) on Crossbreed Seconds at a much reduced price.

I've picked mine up on the Seconds site on a number of occasions.

In general I have also used and liked the Galco KingTuk for many years with other guns, but didn't get one of those for the 365. Galco has changed some of their clips to plastic from metal, and I haven't bought one of those with the new clips to see how they are.

That said, I also have recently started using an Alabama pocket holster as I've had some back problems and I am really liking it. I need to get another one as a backup, and will likely order one that is optic cut for future use. The Alabama pocket holster I have,came with a private purchase of an XL I made a few years ago that I just re-discovered and started to use.

Last edited:

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    Since we are on the holster topic, I have a Kramer #5 IWB built for a Les Baer 1911 Commander that my 365's work perfect in. No new purchase was required. That doesn't happen very often.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I like these better than crossbreed...

I've seen some like these at NRAAM. Not sure if it was those or the Galco version https://www.galcogunleather.com/kingtuk-cloud-iwb-holster_8_7_1552.html

Pretty comfortable? Do you have to worry about cleaning the fabric part of the holster? Looks interesting

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    A friend of mine just picked up an X Macro tac-ops. Still haven't had a chance to hit the range with mine yet. I ordered a kydex holster from Muddy River Tactical just to have one. I'll get a nicer one later.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I picked up a WC XL module. Installed the FCU and slide from my X Macro TacOps. Looks and feels pretty good. Hitting the range with it on Monday and may try carrying it to see if the smaller grip makes much difference.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I have been using one for a while on and off of either a 365X or equivalent with a regular slide an XL grip. I picked up a canik MC9 recently and honestly think I am done with the 365s now.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Not sure there is a perfect carry for everyone. The capacity and sights always brought me back to the 365. Tried most things in the genre. Not sure if many have been much better or worse. It’s all personal preference and probably some brand loyalty. The 365 has always kinda been the measuring stick because it was first. The capacity and size were game changers for sure.

I would recommend the 365 to anyone interested and also would recommend trying multiple similar to find what performs best for you

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I would recommend the 365 to anyone interested and also would recommend trying multiple similar to find what performs best for you
    Yep good advice for everyone. Try as many possible

Tried G26, CZ RAMI, G43, Taurus 709 (momentary lapse of judgment), Kahr K9 (still love this pistol and carry it often) Ruger LC9 and Sheild Plus. Only ones I still have are the G26, K9, and Sheild Plus and now the 365XL. Man I regret selling that RAMI though. Looking forward to to putting some rounds through the 365 soon

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Today is two (business) weeks since S&W accepted my Sheild for service. I called today figuring they'd at least have started on it by now. The CS agent took my RMA# and said it was scanned onto service on the 19th. They currently have a 6-8 week back log! That means 4-6 weeks more before they start on my gun which means 8-10 weeks before I get it back. I'm pretty glad I decided to go ahead and pick up the 365XL. That's crazy.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Finally ran some rounds through the 365 today. Put 150 rounds of 124gr NATO ball ammo down range. About half way through I swapped the frame module to the WC. It's not going back to the stock frame. It ran beautifully and shot great. Between my buddy and I we were ringing steel at ~25yds off my dad's back porch with ease. Definitely glad I picked this thing up. I'll be selling the Sheild as soon as I get it back. I've officially drank the kool-aid as they say.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Finally ran some rounds through the 365 today. Put 150 rounds of 124gr NATO ball ammo down range. About half way through I swapped the frame module to the WC. It's not going back to the stock frame. It ran beautifully and shot great. Between my buddy and I we were ringing steel at ~25yds off my dad's back porch with ease. Definitely glad I picked this thing up. I'll be selling the Sheild as soon as I get it back. I've officially drank the kool-aid as they say.

I'm in the same boat. I have a Shield Plus OR that I enjoy, but the X Macro / XL with the WC grip module is the way to go IMO. I'm really digging the XL I created with my TacOps X Macro, but I don't like the extended slide release as my thumb tends to bump it. I'm going to put the standard X Macro FCU and slide in the WC grip module instead and keep the TacOps model the way it comes out of the box. Really enjoy shooting and carrying the XL Macro as I like to call it... ;)

Top Bottom