• ...and so much more!
  • Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I bought a P365 about 2 years ago. Small grip, so I tried a WC X/XL grip. Didn't like the texture, so I bought a Sig XL grip. Nice. Then I thought I'd kinda like the longer barrel/slide of the XL, so I bought one of those. After 2 outings with the XL, I've come to dislike the flat trigger, so I gave Sig another $20 for a curved trigger. I sold the original to defray the cost of the XL. Moral of the story? I've still got a Sig XL grip frame. Message if interested.

Last edited:

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I polished the internals and added this...

The trigger is much better now.
    That must be fairly new, I don’t think they had that available before we ended the relationship! Haha

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Same. I like the XL grip size. The Macro kinda moves the 365 into a whole different category I feel it was never ment for. It's kinda like an answer to a question that's already been answered 100s of times over.
    A slightly smaller then compact sized gun that's thin like a single stack. No, there's no need for something like that... :rolleyes:

:):

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Hey if it works for you then great. I just felt like the Macro was a little big for what I want. Cool thing is if I decide to try a Macro it's just a grip module swap away.

Just giving you crap... ;)

I love the macro. One thing I forgot to mention in my post was the full size capacity (17+1). I don't like smaller guns and have always found the compact size a sweetspot. The macro just checks all the boxes I need (though I wish the trigger was a bit less spongy feeling).

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    This is a big reason I believe the P365/P320 are so popular, even I have looked at the aluminum Icarus grip modules before.
    Have you seen the Mischief Machine Commander modules? They look like mini 1911s!

I told you I've already gone deep into the rabbit hole...

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I've already ordered a Wilson Combat XL module. Optics Planet had them in stock and I had some OPbucks so I got it for just over $50 after tax and shipping. I didn't think that was to bad. I'm going to put rounds through it in stock form first before I start changing things though.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Have you seen the Mischief Machine Commander modules? They look like mini 1911s!

I told you I've already gone deep into the rabbit hole...

My main issue with the aluminum frames is holster compatability. I am weird and very much prefer leather holsters, this being a carry gun for me makes that a non starter unfortunately. Plus with the grips being around $400~ that puts me within a grand of a staccato CS and I am interested.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Yeah the aluminum grip modules are way too expensive. They are neat though.
    They are for the P365. They aren't bad for the P320, though, if you get the Sig factory AXG module. I paid about $280 for mine on sale. Basically turns a P320 into sort of a striker fired P229. :)

walkercolt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    Thanks, I think... I can already tell this was a can of worms. Now I'm shopping for grip modules, reflex sights, subcompact weapon lights, extra mags and holsters. This is going to get expensive I can tell.
    I know what your saying, I just picked up a Glock 43x MOS not long ago and I've been looking at this and that for it. It can get expensive fast depending on what you get.

I was looking at SIG also, mainly the 365 XL

Mixable Bulb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2023
    Norman
    Well to start you are making excellent choices when it come to an everyday carry pistol. I like shooting more than I like owning a bunch of guns. So to me, if I ever consider spending more than 300 dollars on something gun related, I always take into consideration how much ammo and/or training that can buy me. So if you've owned that gun for two years and you said you really like it, that's great. The firearm you own is great enough that is has a warranty and Smith and Wesson is probably fixing it as I'm typing this. Then once you get this gun, do you think it's worth it to spend 600 dollars on a new carry gun you never owned?(Which the P365 XL is a fantastic gun by the way) Or would you rather spend that 600 dollars on ammo and training to better yourself with a firearm you've owned now for two years. In the end, it's your call man. Just continue to exercise your second amendment right as human life must be preserved. Thanks for taking to time to come to this amazing group of people.

Thanks,

Mixable

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Thanks for taking to time to come to this amazing group of people.

Thanks,

Mixable
    Mix bro, I've been here for 12 years, you're the first to thank me for it. I wonder what that says about me.... lol

Smith isn't fixing my Sheild yet. I haven't gotten the return label. I don't currently own a printer so they snail mailed it to me. I should hopefully have it tomorrow or Wednesday. I already picked up the 365XL and will probably end up selling the Sheild to offset. I may keep it I don't know yet.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Well to start you are making excellent choices when it come to an everyday carry pistol. I like shooting more than I like owning a bunch of guns. So to me, if I ever consider spending more than 300 dollars on something gun related, I always take into consideration how much ammo and/or training that can buy me. So if you've owned that gun for two years and you said you really like it, that's great. The firearm you own is great enough that is has a warranty and Smith and Wesson is probably fixing it as I'm typing this. Then once you get this gun, do you think it's worth it to spend 600 dollars on a new carry gun you never owned?(Which the P365 XL is a fantastic gun by the way) Or would you rather spend that 600 dollars on ammo and training to better yourself with a firearm you've owned now for two years. In the end, it's your call man. Just continue to exercise your second amendment right as human life must be preserved. Thanks for taking to time to come to this amazing group of people.

Thanks,

Mixable
    Training? I don't need no training, 2A baby! Ammo? Man, I shot over 100 rounds last year!

Top Bottom