• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Yep, the little snapper has developed a rather obvious rattle. So much so that others around me can hear it when I walk or move around. Empty chamber, empty mag in it = Very, very slight rattle. I probably wouldn't have noticed it but for.... round chambered, loaded mag in it and the rattle becomes very obvious. The mags don't have a rattle themselves. It would seem to be coming from the gun. But I can't duplicate the sound unloaded with the slide locked back. The internet didn't provide too many specifics I could find. Ideas on diagnosing the noise?

Crandall Crank

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2017
    Southern IN
    I would start by a good cleaning "just to make sure" no piece of dirt is stuck someplace. While it is apart, check each "sub assembly", such as the slide or the frame....try to narrow down where it is coming from. Also, while the slide is OFF of the frame, insert a mag and see if it rattles. I know I haven't answered your question, but....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Good call on inserting mag with slide off. I was able to mimic the rattle sound. But I couldn't see anything actually rattling. Slide off, mag out, trigger squeezed and everything is silent. Absolutely no noise. Since I've reached the end of my smithing ability, it's probably time to have someone more knowledgeable have a look-see. Thanks for your input. It got me one step closer to finding the issue.

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    Good call on inserting mag with slide off. I was able to mimic the rattle sound. But I couldn't see anything actually rattling. Slide off, mag out, trigger squeezed and everything is silent. Absolutely no noise. Since I've reached the end of my smithing ability, it's probably time to have someone more knowledgeable have a look-see. Thanks for your input. It got me one step closer to finding the issue.
    Have you shot it since you've noticed the rattle?

Top Bottom