seanamus

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Or very many guns so far

Pretty interesting

Availble on Netflix for immediate download

it is in Britain, there are shotguns a couple of illegal handguns (glad they showed this, just shows how ridiculous and useless bans are) and the government and special people have the real nice boom sticks

the show is pretty good and rather realistic in my opinion, outside of the whole apocalypse thing, then again the media is always talking about how super bugs are being bred from over medication so... i would rather have zombies...would be much easier to survive IMO :laugh:

I wish it lasted longer then the 12 episodes or whatever, it was a good show and it seems like it should continue with the cliff hanger it had

Last edited:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    It has a very cool Land Rover Defender 110 pick up in it

If we could those here I would buy one in a hot second

I have a friend in bloomington who has a couple 110's and 8 or 9 90's. he imports most of them from holland. they are great vehicles.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    due to the weather my hip and back are real bad today leaving me with nothing to do while laying in bed so I decided to start watching this series. WOW! I really enjoy it and think it's pretty darn well written and I'm only finished with three episodes. I would love to see an american version of this series and note the differences, it would be interesting. big +1 to the OP for the suggestion.

Hoosier49er

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2011
    I'm a couple of episodes into it now. It's not as bad as I expected for British TV... Zombies would have made it better though.:D

aaronsbig16g

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    I watched the entire first season yesterday, I couldn't stop watching lol. I really like the show, I know I'm going to be pissed once I watch the last episode.

Hoosier49er

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2011
    I'm into season 2 episode 2. It is kind of addictive. I wish the US would produce a more down to earth series like this.

insidethebunker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2009
    North of Louisville
    There are 3 elements to the British TV show called Survivors.

1) The original book that was published in the 70's. Author is Terry Nation.
    2) The original 1970's TV series based pretty closely off the book.
    3) Last the series from 2009/2010 based very, very, loosely off the book.

In March my wife and I finished watching both series. It took us about 2 months to get through them and that was spending every free minute we could find watching. First we enjoyed both of them tremendously. Second they gave us a lot to think about and recheck in our preps (salt being one of them). Third watching both series has bought my wife the rest of the way into prepping (she was 80% before but now is a solid 99%).

Survivors is based on the premise that a pandemic wipes out most of the worlds population. Survivors is to Pandemics what One Second After is to EMP's. Well it's not as good, in depth or as fast paced as One Second After, but to me the pandemic concept is valid so I enjoyed the story. The concept of Survivors is how individuals deal with being alone and losing their families and loved ones and over time they eventually form up into communities. The stories has many things we can relate to, scavenging for food, planting gardens/crops, reintroducing livestock and dealing with gangs. On the whole the author doesn't deal with any one item in much detail but it is still thought provoking.

If you can handle 1970's Cinematography, very poor campy acting (think Dr. Who) and British accents the 70's version is very interesting. The 70's series deals more with what I would consider to be real world scenarios of community living and dealing with day to day challenges we will see after the fall. The 2009/10 series is great too, but more of an action series (without many guns as the British don't believe in guns).

In one of the 70's episodes they slaughter a pig and then realize they don't have enough salt left to preserve it. That prompted my wife to ask how much salt we had. When I told her how much was in the bunker she adamantly told me it wasn't enough. I knew that but just hadn't picked up more, but I got right on it.

As I said the 2009/2010 is probably a lot easier to watch as it is modernized and it is based more in a city setting. The show barely deals with crops or long term survival issues. But it's a very well done show never the less.

If you watch the later series first I almost think you will have trouble watching the older one and I say that just based on the lack of sophistication with 70's TV.

BTW, I got the book from Amazon used books so I probably got it for less then $7.00 delivered.

Top Bottom