• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I came across a thread here recently that had a link to the online survival novel, "Lights Out," in it. I can't find it now, due to my ineptitude with the forum's search engine.

I read the novel. It was interesting and entertaining. Various aspects of it were of differing degrees of value from helpful to not-so-helpful.

Since one never know who's in the forum here and what levels of experience folks have, I just thought a cautionary note was in order.

Novels like this, and others, are entertaining to folks with interests similar to ours. That's fine. But they're often also mixtures of truth, error, and opinion.

Maybe it goes without saying, but don't forget to think about what you read.

[This has been a public service announcement by cosermann. :)]

Last edited:

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    "Lights Out" kept me on edge for the 3 days it took to read it. I found myself sneaking 10 minutes here and 10 there just to get back to it. I am always on the lookout for a good gun deal, but after getting deep into the book, I found myself thinking about buying AR 15's and AK 47's instead of the usual handgun or shotgun.

If you read "Lights Out", take a day or two to decompress before making any gun purchases. Otherwise, your charge cards might take a huge hit.:):

Great book!!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm hoping "Light's Out" will get published some day. I can't stand reading for long periods sitting at my computer, and I don't want to abuse my printer by making a hard copy.

Anyone who hasn't read Unintended Consequences by John Ross needs to buy or borrow a copy immediately and read it.

Another good one is Enemies Foreign and Domestic (and its sequel) by Matthew Bracken.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I'm hoping "Light's Out" will get published some day. I can't stand reading for long periods sitting at my computer, and I don't want to abuse my printer by making a hard copy.

Anyone who hasn't read Unintended Consequences by John Ross needs to buy or borrow a copy immediately and read it.

Another good one is Enemies Foreign and Domestic (and its sequel) by Matthew Bracken.

The second one is: Domestic Enemies; The Reconquista.

I have read both and am breathlessly awaiting the third in the trilogy.

Whatever you do, read them in order or you will get "spoilers" from the second. (It picks up from the first.)

I also have: Patriots by James Wesley Rawls

Top Bottom