• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I've never been to an Indy 1500. How does it look for someone interested in buying surplus rifles? I'm interested in the M1 Garand and the Swiss K31 (especially the K31!). The prices for both of these have been rising. Is Indy 1500 the sort of place where I might find deals better than online shops/auctions?

Thanks!

rbsangler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Lizton
    no. better deals at lgs or private....but you never know until you ask. M1s are going sky high....best bet there is to get qualified and buy one through the CMP. Start at an appleseed event to get qualified.

xoregonian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Jay Co.
    +1 on the CMP. I got my garand and a 1903 Springfield at the North store in Ohio. For surplus rifles I've done pretty good at Dunham's of all places ( Enfield No. 4 MK I, Mosin Nagant, WASR AK). At the 1500 I always take cash. Paid $275 for a nice SKS. Picked up a K98 Mauser at the Fort Wayne show. You don't know until you try. The Garand is gonna be hard because right now the pickins are slim according to the folks over on the CMP boards. Mail orders are behind and stock is low in the stores. Prices at the shows will probably reflect that.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Second on the CMP, though there are tons of surplus rifles and mostly they are estate sales so haggle them a little bit and see what you can come up with. I ha be hope to buy my first rifle using my C&R at the show

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    The CMP is great but they are sold out of most stuff at the moment. The stores are pretty much bare expect the special grades at $900 to $1000.

There will be surplus rifles there. I havent seen on yet that there wasn't. Keep an eye out for guys walking stuff around, thats where you will probably get your best deals.
    I usually see a few K31's for sale.

Top Bottom