Supreme Court Will Decide Whether Police Can Enter A Home To Seize Guns Without Warrant

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Not optimistic on this one. IANAL, but it sounds like the deal was already done back when the Court crossed the red line of exigent circumstances and allowed warrantless searches of private property in non-exigent situations. After that, deciding whether it extends from cars to domiciles seems like just a technicality.

And of course, this case involves a "woman in distress," so you've got that.

I'd like to be optimistic, and believe the justices will hold that the police had time to get a warrant in this case. But I think that line in the law has already been crossed. Woman in distress, psychiatric issues with the husband, the Constitutionally Sacred Right of Cops to Lie...all the boxes they need to "check," to hand one more defeat to the individual. Perfect case, signed, sealed, delivered. Hope I'm wrong, but it looks like they "did their shopping" on this one.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    My bet is justice Roberts, has already had " the talk " with an emissary of Joe and the ho. As with Roosevelt I am sure it went something along the lines of, we own both houses and the executive branch you will kneel and perform the act or the supreme Court will be made up of 18 justices nine picked by me. Get the hint? Oh, and by the way there'll be a change in how the Chief Justice is selected.

Restoration of a balanced judiciary system was only partially accomplished. It would have taken a second Trump term and more of the circuit and appellate courts to have been realigned for their to have been a lasting effect.

Further, in the absence of divided government, coercion of the judicial branch is always a risk. Though I believe the vast majority of our judges are not as corrupt as the professional politician / bureaucrat class they are appointees with an effectively lifetime income so long as they play the game. If you like your life, and you want to continue with your power and income, you play the game. The game is controlled and directed by the professional politician / bureaucrat class.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Top Bottom