• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TANK BOSS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 27, 2021
    Fishers
    Looking to pick a CAN for a Tikka T3x TAC [16" bbl, .308]. If you have any experience or opinions, I'd be much appreciative.
    Current list below, but open to suggestions:
    1) DeadAir Sandman-S
    2) SilencerCo Hybrid 46M
    3) Thunder Beast Ultra 7 Gen2
    4) Surefire 762 RC2

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    No complaints so far with my dead air nomad. I’ve only used it with the keymo quick connect mount, but probably works just as well if not better with direct thread.

TANK BOSS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 27, 2021
    Fishers
    No complaints so far with my dead air nomad. I’ve only used it with the keymo quick connect mount, but probably works just as well if not better with direct thread.
    Thank you. Do you have experience with direct thread? I've only used my AAC with a its quick-ratcheting system. I'm ambivilent to the QD functionality, since I shoot suppressed 99.9% of the time.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    I would highly recommend a Ti can.
    Many have said " it's so heavy, I wish I had gone Ti. "
    I agree. Take a look at the Nomad LT. The Ultra7 is also a great can. The Sandman is built more for hard use short barrels. Unless you plan to also use it on a 10.5" AR, the Sandman doesnt make a lot of sense on a bolt gun. It does the job fine, but that is not what it was designed for.

TANK BOSS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 27, 2021
    Fishers
    I also have a TBAC Ultra 9 that I run on a 308 Remington 700 and a 6.5CM Barrett MRAD. Very happy with it on both platforms.
    Awesome. I'm leaning to the Ultra 7.
    Two questions, if you don't mind:
    1) I like the 7 vs. 9 due to length, weight & cost: Is Ultra 9 significantly a better choice for my bolt .308?
    [I have a suppressor for my 5.56; everything with a can is a trade-off between size & effectiveness (sweet sport)].
    2) which TBAC mounting system do you recommed (I can't decide)?

Thanks so much man,
    TJ

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    There's not much difference between the 7 and 9. I would've gotten the 7 but it wasn't in stock at the time of the sale. Go with muzzle break taper mount

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    After having the 9 I'm glad I ended up with it because it's only used on dedicated bolt action bench guns so the added length isn't an issue. Gives me maximum suppression

TANK BOSS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 27, 2021
    Fishers
    Awesome. Leaning towards an Ultra 7 with a brake. Been researching this til my eyes bled.
    After having a heavy 556 can, weight & length are important criteria. Had I known...

Thanks all!

TANK BOSS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 27, 2021
    Fishers
    Haven't shot the Evo, but digging thru the stats on their site, it compares very favorably to the rest of their stable.
    The Omega 300 now comes with the Bravo ASR mount, ASR brake and a direct thread mountattachement. All for MSPR of $915. That's redonkulous. Is their a problem with the Omega 300?? All I could tell was that it was slightly heavyish, even with some titanium.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    Haven't shot the Evo, but digging thru the stats on their site, it compares very favorably to the rest of their stable.
    The Omega 300 now comes with the Bravo ASR mount, ASR brake and a direct thread mountattachement. All for MSPR of $915. That's redonkulous. Is their a problem with the Omega 300?? All I could tell was that it was slightly heavyish, even with some titanium.

The Omega 300 is a great silencer. The only titanium part is the outer sleeve with the serial number. The baffles are stainless steel and inconel. It is known for having high backpressure, but that doesnt matter on a bolt action rifle. The ASR system contributes to a lot of the length and weight of the Omega 300. For bolt guns, I would swap ASR for a titanium direct thread adapter.

AaronK

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2021
    Valparaiso
    Have you had a chance to shoot one? I havent heard any first person reviews since it is a new release.
    I haven't personally used it. I have a couple on hand. They are lightweight and appear to be well built. It's impressive in my opinion because of the size, weight, and price point. It's definitely one I'd consider before spending nearly double on any of the other options. *this is my opinion only and not presented as fact

Top Bottom