• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    I am looking to get a suppressor for my 5.56 gun. I just want a entry level fairy inexpensive can. I have been looking at the AAC M4-2000 and the AAC 5.56 SD. Anyone have any other suggestions for a entry level can? Or have any thoughts on these two cans? I am also interested in Silencerco cans but haven't found any budget cans that they make.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I am looking to get a suppressor for my 5.56 gun. I just want a entry level fairy inexpensive can. I have been looking at the AAC M4-2000 and the AAC 5.56 SD. Anyone have any other suggestions for a entry level can? Or have any thoughts on these two cans? I am also interested in Silencerco cans but haven't found any budget cans that they make.
    If you are a firefighter, you can take advantage of Silencerco's SPEQ program. The specwar line, with my preference toward the specwar k 556, would run about 550 ish plus the stamp, so 750 out the door.

Call Chad or Mike at U.S.Defense Solutions. They are a SPEQ dealer and can get you exact pricing and answer any questions.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I am looking to get a suppressor for my 5.56 gun. I just want a entry level fairy inexpensive can.

QD or Direct Thread?

I would go with SilencerCo Specwar K for QD, Griffin Spartan 3 for DT.

I personally have the Specwar K, YHM Phantom QD and Gemtech Trek, too bad you missed the good old days of $300 cans(YHM and Gemtech).

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    If you qualify for the first responder program through Silencerco, you could have an Omega for 1036 with the stamp.

Or the specwar K, for 771 with the stamp.

both are great options.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I have an M4-2000 that I run on my 10.5" SBR's with zero problems. While not Hollywood quiet it is very hearing safe. I plan on putting it on a 16" later to see how well it performs.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I agree that you should be looking at a 7.62/.30 cal can. About the same suppression of a .223/5.56 as a dedicated .223/5.56 can.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I run a SilencerCo SAKER 762 w/ a 5.56mm end cap on my 10.3" 5.56mm. The larger internal volume makes up for the larger bore diameter and does a very good job imo.

Vespid_Wasp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    If you don't have a 308 or 300 blackout, and don't plan to add a 308 or 300 blackout, there is no reason to buy a longer/heavier can for 308.

The exception is the SilencerCo Omega. Those things are damn impressive and LIGHT.

I have an AAC 556SD that I am VERY happy with. But I got it for a screaming deal on a black friday sale while AAC was still doing their $200 damn the man promotion.

I do not in any way regret the 556SD it is a great can at a great price point. The Omega is more versatile and lighter weight, but quite a bit more money.

Isp6XEE.jpg

If you are going to buy a 30 cal can for the possibility of eventually suppressing larger calibers than your 5.56, make it an Omega so you aren't paying a weight penalty for that later versatility.

Last edited:

HK Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Check the Youtube page of Military Arms where they test a number of 308 suppressors. The Griffin Recce 7 preformed near the top and it was what I was going to buy before I talked myself into a Griffin Optimus (it's in jail now). The Recce 5 for 5.56 also preformed very well, both a good price point with a taper mount.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I would look into 7.62 instead. That way you aren't limited to one caliber.

This. Omega seems to be a good choice. I have a Hybrid in lockup that I chose over an Omega, however thats only an opinion. Omega is a sweet can. I really like the looks of the Rugged Surge or the Dead Air Sandman. I actually was set on the Sandman before the Hybrid and it won out because of the use on pistols etc...... and also to justify a 45-70 purchase in the future.
    No reason in my mind for just a 556 can, unless you just get a screaming deal on something.

Top Bottom