• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you support amnesty (granting citizenship) to illegal immigrants?

• Total voters

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I do not support an amnesty for Illegal activites. Period. Might as well make it a blanket amnesty for all illegal activities.

It is to easy of a process to come to the country legally.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    They are breaking the law now. Plus there are millions of illegals here abusing the system and causing financial hardships on many states. If they are all granted amnesty they will instantly be eligible for welfare, food stamps, housing assistance, etc, etc. Plus if the illegals already here are granted amnesty it would open the flood gates for millions more to enter illegally hoping for amnesty too! IF they were to grant amnesty AND close the borders for no more illegal entry then........ maybe.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Its bad enough that our own government has sponsored and supported the Illegal Invasion by Criminals. I'm not going to support Amnesty under any condition or BS our corrupt government tries to feed the sheep. We are looking more like a broken down third world country every day mainly because of the aforementioned sponsored invasion.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Colt, it's going to happen.....

We're talking 30-60+ million illegals, Nazi Germany didnt have a number even remotely close to that number, nor did they have a population which was as violent, organized and absolutely cut-throat ruthless.

You got a God? Better pray... Sacrifice afew goats or something.

The United States, as communist/ and liberal as it is, wont be doing anything other than giving absolute citizenship to the hordes.

You, everyone else on this board including myself will be footing this bill; While Jose & family shows Americans how to really drain the tax payer.

Your best bet... Find an Andrew Jackson-like President.

But then again, why fight it? By the time my daughter is turns 20, they will have a majority of the power, demographically. And that's to say if she is one of the few that wont be killed before then.

Better work on that El Spanish, Colt, or as I'll know El Potro (I believe?)

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    But then again, why fight it? By the time my daughter is turns 20, they will have a majority of the power, demographically. And that's to say if she is one of the few that wont be killed before then.

Who has a "majority of the power, demographically" currently? In addition, who is going to be doing all of this killing you are predicting? It sounds as if you think your daughter is not going to see her 20th birthday by saying "few".

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I'm going to rob some banks and split the money with a lawyer to get it pushed into an amnesty bill.

That's how politics work.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Amnesty is probably the best answer. Mass deportation is not feasible. First, it is predicated on completely closing the border, or you will simply be chasing your tale. No politician is going to do that. Even if it were possible to vote in the number of congressmen and senators necessary to make such a drastic policy change, so much time would have elapsed that illegals will be even more deeply rooted. Initially I was going to say that their population would have increased, but illegal immigration is actually trending down and has been for several years. Neither party is going to put the political capital into a campaign to effectively deal with the border. No one ever has, and I don't see that changing.

Second, lets say the border is closed. Now, the federal government has to undertake a massive 50 state sweep and set up new agencies to deal with 12-20 million new criminals. Someone is going to have to pay for this. It would be interesting to try and calculate the comparison costs of deportation vs. getting these people in the system and paying taxes, many of which already do.

Fletch hit the nail on the head in his thread about the roofers he hired.

Make it easier to get a job and harder to get a handout, and the problem solves itself.

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    History has shown amnesty to be a bad thing.

Ronald Reagan did it, but we had a much smaller problem when he did it. Not saying it was good. In fact since he did it we have now gotten ourselves into a much worse situation with even more illegals (btw, there are many illegals from Europe and Asia too).

Spain grants immunity to illegals every decade or so. Once the illegals get amnesty from Spain, as citizens of the E.U. they are then free to migrate into other areas of Europe and so Spain is now the favored immigration path for illegals who desire to enter Germany, Austria, the Scandinavian nations, Belgium, etc. Looking at the example that Spain gives the world it seems foolish to support granting illegals immunity here in the US.

First we need to secure our borders. The N.W. and the N.E. are just as porous as the southern border. We need to secure them all.

Second, we need to deport illegals who are criminals. No need to house them in our jails and pay for their visit to our nation. Or perhaps if we feel generous we house them in our jails and then send them back to wherever they came from after their have served their time. In any case, I believe that illegals should be housed in SEPARATE jails; by mixing them with our general population they have opportunities to make ties to local gangs, etc. Put them in an "illegal" jail and they will be isolated from our American criminals for the time they are on our soil.

Third, we need to figure out what to do with the anchor babies and their parents. The children born here are citizens of this nation, their parents may still be illegals. Somehow we need to come up with a reasonable plan to assimilate those folks into our society and give them a path to become legal. The same goes for married couples where ONE spouse is LEGAL and one is illegal.

Finally, we need to figure out what to do with illegals who have no anchor babies/spouses who are legal. I say send them back to wherever they came. But finding them is the biggest problem. They look just like us. So that will be a very long term situation. It may be better to simply work out a path toward legal status, but I would suggest that simply offering amnesty will only kick this problem down the road as our children will face this same problem 20 years from today, then our grandchildren will face it again in 40 years, etc.

In an effort to achieve these goals we need to find the illegals, and employment checks, rent and mortgage citizenship verification, student loan/business loan & drivers license citizenship verification, etc are all places we need to consider putting in new regulations (oh how I hate expanding the gub'mint) to identify illegal aliens.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I think we also need a clear definition of amnesty. Any amnesty obviously needs to involve some form of registration, identification, an a path to citizenship. The main problem I hear is they are using a welfare and entitlement system that they aren't fairly paying in to. Well, lets get them paying for these services or start cutting them. I prefer the cutting myself. I still contend that America doesn't have an immigration problem, she has a welfare problem. Its all economic.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Let's see... we've got 2 wars in other nations, a war on drugs that spends lots of money but gets no lasting results, federal retirement programs that are utterly bankrupt, trillions of dollars in bailouts to various sectors of the economy, attempts at nationalizing health care (and the auto industry, and the banking industry), federal payouts for the continued cleanup of areas hit by natural disaster reaching back at least to Katrina, and that's only the big ticket items I can rattle off in 10 seconds or so. We also have a worldwide monetary crisis, with fiat currencies collapsing under their own weight, and our own looking pretty shaky.

And now we want to build fences across a desert wasteland, have special "illegal immigrant prisons", and have a massive round up of 20 million people for imprisonment and/or deportation.

"When you're in a hole, stop digging" applies equally well to the country's finances. Who's going to pay for all this crap? Offer amnesty, fine them for not playing by the rules, ban them from social services (or better yet start dismantling those services since we can't afford them anyway) and let them go back to work. At least then they're in the asset column: they're paying a fine into the system and they're engaged in productive labor.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    We don't need to deport anyone, we just need to close the border, so only LEGAL immigration is happening.

The illegals living here part will sort itself out in about 60-80 years.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    It is to easy of a process to come to the country legally.

Wow, you haven't followed immigration rules since 1924 have you? We no longer have an Ellis Island, we closed down at the turn of the century. To get to this country legally is a headache. If we do kick all of them out and close the border we should also drop most of our current immigration laws. INS is a pain to deal with, so we need to reform that. I support Pence's proposal, which sets up centers on the border to make it easier to come to this country.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    If they get amnesty, I want my record wiped CLEAN of everything, I want let into the military, but I want to go rob a bank first. I mean, banks are insured. Its not like they're losing any money. The gooberment will just print more and no one will be out anything. Seriously. If they get amnesty, why not?

Hell, let's just give EVERYONE amnesty and let everyone out of jail while we're at it! Let's pardon rapists, murderers, molesters, thief's, etc. All of them. No more jail problem! Less taxes to pay! See? Amnesty is a TOTAL win! :rolleyes:

:facepalm:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    What's right is not always easy. We have been accomodating enough with these ILLEGAL INVADERS. Close. The. Border. Send the military to protect our borders. Shoot any invaders attempting to enter the country ON SIGHT. If an illegal is caught, DEPORT them. DENY them access to social services here. Will it cost money? Hell yes! Is it a worthwhile expenditure? HELL YES! What I've described...is what SHOULD be happening ALREADY! So, all that I am asking is that the government DO IT'S JOB. I don't think that that's asking too much.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    From personal experience I can tell you that the premise of taking jobs Americans don't want is BS. I personally cleaned house of illegals at a production facility when we were notified over 85% of the workforce was working with false paperwork. We had NO ISSUES filling those jobs back when financial times were good, six years ago. Letting the uneducated come in droves and then giving them a free pass every couple decades sends the wrong message and brings you the tax consumers.
    If you haven't educated yourself on the negative effects of illegals you need to read the National Accademy of Science report from 1995 about it, published 1996. Yes, it's old, but I trust the situation is far worse today and the data applies. I used to think it was cool that getting a roof put on a large home with an army of illgals was pretty efficient until I realized the cost of EACH of them was tens of thousands of dollars and the third generation finally fills the gap once eduated on your tax dollars. Read the document! The Federal Government doesn't care because your local taxes foot most of the bill; hospitals, Medicaid, welfare, schooling are all part of your property taxes. BOHICA - Ronald Regan said it was the worst decision of his presidency. Uneducated or uninformed, Social Justice, bleeding harts are bound to repeat history at YOUR AND YOUR CHILDREN'S EXPENSE, just the way they like it.
    The legal path to being a citizen here is there for a reason. Unfortunately, reason has been trumped by vote roll-up politics, over-extended cultural sensitivity and sheeple that get their education from "views" on TV.

Top Bottom