• ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    You mean he could miss and hit the guy seated behind by mistake? :):

Not that im a ballistic expert but I guess caliber is not as important when you have to shoot inside a stadium since you dont have to worry about wind (or do you? :dunno: Im not a stadium expert either).
    No, I was just thinking of OVER PENETRATION .....

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I have never watched a football game in my life.

Wait, what, but, no really? That's just, well wrong. Mod's, can't you ban somebody for saying something so patently un-American? I'll bet he voted for Obama. Maybe he's a plant(tin foil hat on) for one of those 3 lettered gov't agencies;)

But seriously folks, there are some people in this world that need to be shot, and if they had shown up at the SB, it's good to know those guys were up there to do it.

Glock Fan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    We had two IMPD snipers on the roof of our building on Moument Circle during the NFL Kickoff concert/party in September 2007. Anthem building had at least one as well.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Amazing things can be done with Photoshop these days.....

implied_facepalm_2.png

EDIT: Yet another case for bringing back Neg rep :D

yotebutcher90

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    West Lafayette
    No, I was just thinking of OVER PENETRATION .....

That's 1 thing the government would not do is allow a high-penetration bullet/caliber be used in this case. There is a reason why cops had to switch from 44 Mags and 45ACP to 9mm and .40 SW. I'm sure like every sniper round they were hand loaded and reduced the amount of powder and played with the gun to see how it responded. Unfortunately a lot of the people who have seen this picture have had the same thoughts but little knowledge about what they were actually saying.

On the people complaining about a gun being there, they need to get some common sense. The SB was an "ideal" target for a terrorist and you can't always subdue someone who is packing explosives without alerting them and the individual setting of the explosives. THAT is why the gun was there. Sorry didn't mean to rant there but this is ridiculous how people are responding to the pictures.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Anyone know the link to the Indy 500 thread? I searched but am on my phone so it takes 5 years to search.

Can't remember what article it was in, but one comment said something along the lines of "I agree, these pictures are horrible. I have that same lawn chair and it's hard on your back!" LMAO!

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    Is it just me, or do others have a problem with snipers at the Super Bowl? All the participants are forcibly disarmed at the door through the process of the full body (naked body) scanners and THEN they announce that there were snipers at the game? WHY?

I'm sorry, but the police state in this country has gotten out of hand!

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Is it just me, or do others have a problem with snipers at the Super Bowl? All the participants are forcibly disarmed at the door through the process of the full body (naked body) scanners and THEN they announce that there were snipers at the game? WHY?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sheriff125

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Morgan Co

its just you!!!:twocents:

what does it hurt for there to be skilled law enforcement there protecting the average joe that spent thousands of dollars to be there?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom