Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm pulling for you rhino. I know it may not seem like much but if I had a company I would hire you simply based on your perseverance in the face of adversity.

Hang in there buddy. Hoping that headwind you're facing turns into a tailwind for ya soon.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm pulling for you rhino. I know it may not seem like much but if I had a company I would hire you simply based on your perseverance in the face of adversity.

Hang in there buddy. Hoping that headwind you're facing turns into a tailwind for ya soon.

Thank you! I appreciate the support and encouragement.

Here is a link to my LinkedIn profile if anyone is interested: My LinkedIn Profile

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i missed this thread when it posted two weeks ago, i read the first page and when i hit the bottom, all i could think of was go to the last page and congratulate him!!!!!!

THEN i read all the pages inbetween, all i have to say is i pray that the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the "richard head" who did this to you!

i know you've heard this before, but i'll say it again...the right fit is out there for you!...all this means is that working for "richard" wasnt right, this was just god, buddah, vishnu, or some other cosmic way of saying dont waste your time!

and hopefully karma will pay a visit to "Richard"

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    i missed this thread when it posted two weeks ago, i read the first page and when i hit the bottom, all i could think of was go to the last page and congratulate him!!!!!!

THEN i read all the pages inbetween, all i have to say is i pray that the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the "richard head" who did this to you!

i know you've heard this before, but i'll say it again...the right fit is out there for you!...all this means is that working for "richard" wasnt right, this was just god, buddah, vishnu, or some other cosmic way of saying dont waste your time!

and hopefully karma will pay a visit to "Richard"

Thank you, sir! I appreciate the support. I'm trying not to blame the parties involved because it's likely the circumstances were beyond their control. Plus, I may have lost the job, but they lost the opportunity to have me on their team. In the big picture, they've lost a lot more.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Thank you! I appreciate the support and encouragement.

Here is a link to my LinkedIn profile if anyone is interested: My LinkedIn Profile

I just sent you a connection request. You should be able to easily figure out who I am.
    I have no idea if we are hiring for your skill set or not, but you can check on my company website and apply through there. If you put my name down and they end up hiring you I get money. Win-win! :yesway:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Update with some good news (for once).

On Friday morning, some time after 2:00 AM, I followed a ziprecruiter recommendation to a job ad for a 4-6 month contract on LinkedIn. I applied shortly after that and by 8:58 I had email from the recruiter. After some phone calls and emails exchanged and her communication with the principal, I was offered the contract. That's finding the ad to an offer in about 12 hours. I am not accustomed to that pace even when things go very well. I completed the online onboarding process Friday evening and submitted my sample for the drug screening on Saturday. I start today, on the night shift.

The job title does not match the duties, but I will be documenting the experience of a "human knowledge base" and then creating documents with best practices and procedures based on what he shares with me.

As some of you know, this is a welcome opportunity since I've been without my former full time job for over a year. A short term contract is not ideal, but it this particular contract will provide current professional experience doing technical writing. I have limited ways of "proving" to potential employers that not only can I do the job, but I am really good at it. This will help with future, hopefully more lucrative contracts, or maybe even a permanent position somewhere. The journey is far from over, but now I have some breathing room.

Given my last experience, I have only shared this information with a few people outside of my family. I hope I don't have to return to this topic to announce something out of my control went wrong!

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    Congratulations, rhino.

A temp job is a good start. That's how my search went eight years ago. Three months after taking the temp job, I got an offer for a permanent postion. Now, eight years later I will be turning 67 years old in January. I am trying to retire, and they don't want to let me go.

I hope this temp job leads you to bigger and better opportunities.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Congratulations Rhino! Hope this leads to good things. You know what they say... it's always easier to find a job when you already have one! :yesway:

Top Bottom