• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Custom Rifle Barrel Manufacturer Greenville, SC - Teludyne Tech Inc.

I love these things there is always somebody coming up with something and the more testimonials the more some shooters believe it.

Sleeving is been around for years and this probably does work to an extent but I still think a quality piece of steel is going to outshoot a junk peice of steel no matter what you do to it.

Somebody with plenty of extra money needs to have this done and then spend about the same money on a Hart or a Krieger barrel and see what happens

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    I would love to see this tested. Not as good as quality steel perhaps but I priced a nice custom barrel and those things run 1-1.5k to even start looking at something with quality (installed). This system is priced at $449 for a stainless sleeve installed.

I just really want to see this thing tested out by someone who knows how to handle a rifle.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I don't mind inovation and I encourage inovation I just think thier marketing scheme seems a little Snake Oily

and some of the groups they claim would break the benchrest records so why don't they build 10 bench guns and go to some registred matches and show us thier winnings.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Custom Rifle Barrel Manufacturer Greenville, SC - Teludyne Tech Inc.

I love these things there is always somebody coming up with something and the more testimonials the more some shooters believe it.

Sleeving is been around for years and this probably does work to an extent but I still think a quality piece of steel is going to outshoot a junk peice of steel no matter what you do to it.

Somebody with plenty of extra money needs to have this done and then spend about the same money on a Hart or a Krieger barrel and see what happens

I nominate you! :D

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    If you'll do enough? reading what you'll find is that concetricity is more important than barrel quality. Are the bolt lugs square with the action, is the bolt face square with the bore, is the the chamber cut inline with the bore. Is your ammo concentric, is the bullet base square with the bullet center line, is the bullet seated squarely in the neck of the case, are your dies sizing the case squarely, is you press ram square with the press............need I go on.....Truth is that most firearms/ammo combinations have the potential to out shoot their operator's skill............:@ya:..........Duce<><

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    $349 installed?

LOL. I can send it off to McGowen and have them put a new barrel on for less than that.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I don't know if it was this company but....
    About 6months ago there was an article in one of the gun magazines about a company similar to this one ( or maybe it was this one) that they had prove their product worked. I believe they brought out a rifle, had the editor shoot a couple of 5 shot groups, installed their straight jacket system in front of the editor and then had them shoot again. I can't remember specifics but it was a significant improvement. That would take away all of you fun of "benchrest" shooting and speculation though.

Top Bottom