• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    insane last few days. I have 8 AMD puts.

looked at MARA last week but did not buy as I didn't understand what they did :(
    apparently they just mine crypto. With the way bitcoin is going, might not be a bad idea. I put all the money i made from CHEK into bitcoin, and it's like finding money in the pair of jeans that you wore last week.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    RIOT, ICLN,RIG and OXY.
    Riot seems to track Bitcoin, it some kind of mining operation. I’m up 20% in two weeks

ICLN is on a moon mission fueled by green new deal. Green energy ETF

RIG and OXY are both oil plays since dems love expensive oil it seems. Saudis have already started to manipulate the price upwards

50/50 options and shares roughly

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    What a crazy week. Monday and Tuesday 2 of my best days ever. Yesterday was tough....today just so-so. Played several scalps this week. CHEK, DGLY, ADXS, SNDL, SOS, FTFT, ONTX.

Still holding NRZ, ADXS and TRVN.

Really wanted to sell naked puts on IPOC, just was scared off. Good start to the year...as long as I make it thru tomorrow without losses.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I replied in the original about Elon Musk and his understanding of how our monetary system actually worked.

He is now the richest man on earth having made more than 100 billion in 2020. Tesla alone was up
    743% in 2020 and it is not nearly all he owns.

I also said I would wait until January 10th to re-enter the market.

The FED is twisting in the wind. Some members saying they will tapper and end all US Treasury purchases, while another FED bank head said they would not.

More stimulus is in the works and the dollar has weakened. Lockdowns, debt, unemployment, manufacturing, and the service industries are all huge negatives for growth.

Does anyone else remember back in 2012-13 the message in financial publications was how the USA had transitioned to a service economy? I pointed out then it was not possible to base an economy on anything other than mining, growing, or making things.

I will watch what the FED does,not what heads of specific branches of it say they are going to do.

If they actually taper one thing is guaranteed and that is rates will go up.
    People still need to eat. Energy will still be used.

The dollar may weaken,but then again I learned in 2009-12 it may not if every bank on earth follows the FED and does their own stimulus programs. It is all about percentages. If they match the FED(say EU) in the percentage of their respective currency the dollar will lose purchasing power,but not paper value. I remember joking about DOW 20,000 based on FED stimulus. We blew right through it and now through 30k. At this point, DOW 60k in the next 4 years would not even surprise me.

So where do I want to be?

Sidelines are not really an option. Sure gold and silver(physical) are likely great investments.
    Energy prices are likely to go up,but the companies themselves may suffer greatly if we get a "green" new deal. Same for miners. So I will mostly go into commodities and reap the gains while avoiding any specific company and political risk.

That is what I am looking at for 2021.

*side note. I give all digital currencies currently in use 2-5 years before they are entirely worthless. Why? They can not be secured against quantum computers that already can break into the best encryption on earth in minutes. It will take a while for that reality to set in for most. You can not secure 1,0 with 1,0 and expect it to actually be secure against 1,2,3,4,5, infinity.
    And yes I think digital banking itself is at risk.

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I sold ATM puts on MARA and then got scared because I was fairly extended so I closed them when it started going down. then it popped $2 :(

making a play on IDEX long term

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Hey Doc....Was it you who had contact info and some information on MeWe stock?
    yes, that ship sailed i think. Dec 1 was cutoff.

email invest@mewe.com and ask. the CEO responded last time. I bet there's a crap ton of funds going to them right now.

Tasty Trade Options Crash Course... watch this if you want to learn about options. These guys are awesome

they are live every day on their website discussing trades before market opens, for the first hour or so, then near the end of trading session.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I replied in the original about Elon Musk and his understanding of how our monetary system actually worked.

He is now the richest man on earth having made more than 100 billion in 2020. Tesla alone was up
    743% in 2020 and it is not nearly all he owns.

I also said I would wait until January 10th to re-enter the market.

The FED is twisting in the wind. Some members saying they will tapper and end all US Treasury purchases, while another FED bank head said they would not.

More stimulus is in the works and the dollar has weakened. Lockdowns, debt, unemployment, manufacturing, and the service industries are all huge negatives for growth.

Does anyone else remember back in 2012-13 the message in financial publications was how the USA had transitioned to a service economy? I pointed out then it was not possible to base an economy on anything other than mining, growing, or making things.

I will watch what the FED does,not what heads of specific branches of it say they are going to do.

If they actually taper one thing is guaranteed and that is rates will go up.
    People still need to eat. Energy will still be used.

The dollar may weaken,but then again I learned in 2009-12 it may not if every bank on earth follows the FED and does their own stimulus programs. It is all about percentages. If they match the FED(say EU) in the percentage of their respective currency the dollar will lose purchasing power,but not paper value. I remember joking about DOW 20,000 based on FED stimulus. We blew right through it and now through 30k. At this point, DOW 60k in the next 4 years would not even surprise me.

So where do I want to be?

Sidelines are not really an option. Sure gold and silver(physical) are likely great investments.
    Energy prices are likely to go up,but the companies themselves may suffer greatly if we get a "green" new deal. Same for miners. So I will mostly go into commodities and reap the gains while avoiding any specific company and political risk.

That is what I am looking at for 2021.

*side note. I give all digital currencies currently in use 2-5 years before they are entirely worthless. Why? They can not be secured against quantum computers that already can break into the best encryption on earth in minutes. It will take a while for that reality to set in for most. You can not secure 1,0 with 1,0 and expect it to actually be secure against 1,2,3,4,5, infinity.
    And yes I think digital banking itself is at risk.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    1/12/2021 is going to be interesting to be sure.

10 year Treasury auction

Given the spike in treasuries since Friday if this continues it will cause chaos.

They are worried(FED) to be sure.

Chicago Fed President Evans hosting a media chat on Wednesday, while the U.S. Treasury is set to auction off $27 billion in 10-year notes.
    St. Louis counterpart, James Bullard, on Monday said he feels further rate cuts “may be desirable” later this year.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    What a first 6 days of 2021.......amazing start to the year. Still holding a ton of ADXS but starting to think it may be getting top heavy.

A new naked put trade I am pondering.....NNDM. Selling Feb. $7.50 puts for $1 each. This one scares me but I think it will work out. They have had like 4-5 offerings in last 2 months but it keeps going up. I think it has good support at $6, so I figure if I sell $7.50's for $1...worse case I get it at $6.50. 3D printing company with good growth potential I would think. Any thoughts on this trade?

Doc, I love Tasty Trades....those guys are good.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I own NNDM amd am selling CC on it. Feb 19 10c.

have you seen DDD? highly speculative.

AMD has done well for me, earnings in two weeks. the green power stocks are up so much it passed my strike price and I've rolled out a ways. not sure i want to lock until May at this point, probably will let them get called away

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    on the SPY plays, have you heard of the JOIF? Jim Olsen Iron Fly. he plays the market one minute after open and waits for a $1.50 gain and then tries to close. plays the volatility at open

I get asked alot about. My Iron Fly strategy so I thought I would make a detailed post. After doing this Iron Fly trade since June 2019, I'll never sell an Iron Condor ever again. The premium decay is just way too slow on the OTM calls and puts. I would much rather be in a trade 1 hour with an Iron Fly than a 5-6 hours with IC or vertical spreads.

My rules are simple.
    I only do 0-DTE trades.
    Sell the open with $50 wings. I sell the strike closets to the current price when market opens.
    Take profit at credit recieved - $1.50
    So time I hold for more profit. Either way I like to be out in 1 hour or less.
    My stop is based on sold strike + or - credit received.

So today I sold the $3020 put and call at the open. I bought $2970 put and the $3070 call. Credit was $24.70. Since I use $50 wings it took $25.30 x 10 contracts = $25,300 in buying power to put this trade on.

So with my rules I will have a stop at
    $3020 - $24.70 = $2995.30 on the downside
    $3020 + $24.70 = $3044.70 on the upside

I us TD Ameritrade and set a market order to be sent if SPX drops below $2995.30 or above $3044.70. If Im stopped out this will result in a $2-4 loss.

Today I closed 1 for $1.50 gain. I meant to close 5 but somehow made a mistake

I closed 4 for $2.05 gain

I closed the last 5 for a $5.00 gain.

Total Profit on the trade $3,470

Some tips for new people that want to try it.
    #1 don't look at your P/L. It is very jumpy the first 15 minutes and will often tell you are red $1+.

#2 don't use TOS to paper trade it. It will give you ******** fills that you would never get in real life. Instead I recommend just watching the mid price of the trade. To get out you need to see the mid price go past $.15-.20 your exit price. This way it is realistic unlike TOS paper.

#3 make sure you have a profit order already waiting to get filled. The market can make very quick drops or jumps and you will get filled.

#4 The wider the wings the better. For example if you do $30 wings instead of $50 it will take you longer to profit because the bought wings have more premium decay than the $50 wings do.

#5 If you get tested near the stop. I will often change my exit to a smaller profit target or even the credit received.

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    made some gains on SOLO swing today.

nervous about AMD, I have a 92.5p expiring Friday, not that it's a big deal, but rather not own the shares. not sure why i keep going long in stupid stuff like idex and zom. Carole Baskin was paid $300 to pump that stock :xmad: :rofl:

check out how this guy got screwed on options

Top Bottom