• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrGiggles

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2023
    Carmel
    So I'm a relatively new gun owner, only started owning after Indiana switched to constitutional carry. I'm wondering, is it still worth it to get my ltch? The benefits seem to be reciprocity in other states (I don't currently have plans to take my guns out of state but things change), plus some people still want to see it for ftf sales (weird but whatever). Downside is giving up my fingerprints. Idk how big of a deal that is, but seems like something I would rather avoid unless necessary.

I know this ultimately boils down to personal preference, but I'm curious about y'all's opinions. If you didn't/don't have a ltch, would/will you get one?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    So I'm a relatively new gun owner, only started owning after Indiana switched to constitutional carry. I'm wondering, is it still worth it to get my ltch? The benefits seem to be reciprocity in other states (I don't currently have plans to take my guns out of state but things change), plus some people still want to see it for ftf sales (weird but whatever). Downside is giving up my fingerprints. Idk how big of a deal that is, but seems like something I would rather avoid unless necessary.

I know this ultimately boils down to personal preference, but I'm curious about y'all's opinions. If you didn't/don't have a ltch, would/will you get one?
    They have all the information they need on you anyways even without your fingerprints. If you do any traveling out of state it's worth it, especially now that it's only a few bucks

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    You have no clue what I was thinking when I first saw your post.. I read it is as "itch" Doing something that gives an "itch" would probably not be good!

Anyway, if you are going to travel to other states that accept our LTCH I would recommend it. But again, that is up to you.

Ron

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Absolutely get your lifetime license for reciprocity in other states. I’m 110% behind constitutional carry, but if you can afford the license to get by in other states it’s worth it also.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Also, you have no 'plans' to leave.

Plans change sometimes.
    And if they do, are you going to be scrambling to get the LTCH?
    Sort of like the people that scramble to get 50 posts, after they've been here for years, because something came up.
    Found a Glock I like in the classifieds.

Post 1: Me too
    Post 2: I think that ARs are nice
    Post 3: That’s cool
    Post 4: This thread is worthless without pics
    Post 5: I carry 17 rounds
    Post 6: Ya I agree

Almost there!

MrGiggles

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2023
    Carmel
    I think I'm gonna go ahead and do it. Maybe dumb question for y'all: I'm filling our the application online and it has a section for tattoos, scars, and marks. I don't see a "required" label on it like with other fields. Do I have to fill that out? Again, seems kinda weird, but I get why they do it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think I'm gonna go ahead and do it. Maybe dumb question for y'all: I'm filling our the application online and it has a section for tattoos, scars, and marks. I don't see a "required" label on it like with other fields. Do I have to fill that out? Again, seems kinda weird, but I get why they do it.
    Might be not 'required', cause many have zero tattoos, scars, marks.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    At the risk of being redundant: It’s better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. You never know when some detour or un expected errand will take you across a state line you didn’t plan on when you started out (as one scenario).

As to this question: If it’s not required, I wouldn’t worry about it, I don’t think. Someone more knowledgeable than me might have better info.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I thought the same..i don't need it now, but then i could've been in some deep s**t when i went to Michigan. I forgot i even was carrying, wasn't even thinking about it. We will be applying for ours here shortly

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I thought the same..i don't need it now, but then i could've been in some deep s**t when i went to Michigan. I forgot i even was carrying, wasn't even thinking about it. We will be applying for ours here shortly
    Also, a good reason for the spouse to have a card, even if she (or he) doesn't intend to use it.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Also, a good reason for the spouse to have a card, even if she (or he) doesn't intend to use it.
    Will be for that "Michigan trooper sir, i forgot i had a gun strapped on my hip". I actually had to pull over in roselawn i think is the town at the state line past Notre Dame, look up Michigan carry law. They have open carry only or use a license to cc. So i just dropped the mag and hide gun and mag in places in the Koba. No big deal, but could have been.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I think I'm gonna go ahead and do it. Maybe dumb question for y'all: I'm filling our the application online and it has a section for tattoos, scars, and marks. I don't see a "required" label on it like with other fields. Do I have to fill that out? Again, seems kinda weird, but I get why they do it. I got the lifetime, because we go to Florida, and it's not quite CC...yet....
    I got my Lifetime, because I travel to Florida a few times a year, they're not CC yet.....

Lpherr

Occupied
    Will be for that "Michigan trooper sir, i forgot i had a gun strapped on my hip". I actually had to pull over in roselawn i think is the town at the state line past Notre Dame, look up Michigan carry law. They have open carry only or use a license to cc. So i just dropped the mag and hide gun and mag in places in the Koba. No big deal, but could have been.
    Roseland. I used to go to Johnson's Workbench over there. I enter MI often, and have to remember it's a duty to inform state.
    Haven't had any interactions to inform as of yet.

Top Bottom