• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Officer, may I ask what probable cause you have for a "taking" of my personal property, and additionally exposing me to a greater risk of personal injury standing along the side of a very busy highway?

or

Officer, the longer you detain me without cause along this busy highway, the greater you are placing me as well as yourself in serious personal danger. You suggest (as I recall from the video, anyway) hitching a ride, or waiting for me to get alternative transportation. Are you willing to take personal, as well as departmental responsibility for any negative consequences of your actions?

Waaaaay too much talking.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    I'll have to give the video another view. Perhaps my timeline is skewed. I have been thinking about this while watching basketball all day. I thought it came before the tactic of - here is your warning, hey mind if I ask you some questions?

I don't know why I find this cat and mouse so fascinating, but do you think this search could have been avoided?
    only if andy and barney had a real job. sitting in a car eating doughnuts all day gives you plenty of time for stuff like this.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This in addition to cumulative life experience leads me to the conclusion that there are few good ways to get around crooked cops hell-bent on checking your pockets.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    billrite_l.jpg

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Natural rights, and rights guaranteed by the Constitution are obstacles to efficient law enforcement. I'm glad to see that our motivated and creative LEOs have figured out ways to overcome these problems and get their jobs done. Who cares if a couple of fat Trekkie geeks (who are obviously jerks for recording and posting this) got held by the side of the road for a while? If they weren't doing something wrong this time, they probably got away with something in the past. I hope everyone remembers that this is an isolated incident, and that the cops were just trying to get home to their families safe that day.

1911 DeadHead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    NWI/ Crown Point
    Natural rights, and rights guaranteed by the Constitution are obstacles to efficient law enforcement. I'm glad to see that our motivated and creative LEOs have figured out ways to overcome these problems and get their jobs done. Who cares if a couple of fat Trekkie geeks (who are obviously jerks for recording and posting this) got held by the side of the road for a while? If they weren't doing something wrong this time, they probably got away with something in the past. I hope everyone remembers that this is an isolated incident, and that the cops were just trying to get home to their families safe that day.

What?! These men's rights were thrown in a ditch on this fishing expedition. I really hope you were being sarcastic. Otherwise you sound moronic. These guys being star trek fans have nothing to do with anything. They are American citizens.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    What?! These men's rights were thrown in a ditch on this fishing expedition. I really hope you were being sarcastic. Otherwise you sound moronic. These guys being star trek fans have nothing to do with anything. They are American citizens.
    I get the impression that you've not read many of dross's posts before and do not recognize the style in which it's intended. Seems to me that it was made in the spirit of purple.

1911 DeadHead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    NWI/ Crown Point
    I get the impression that you've not read many of dross's posts before and do not recognize the style in which it's intended. Seems to me that it was made in the spirit of purple.

Sure as hell puts alot of effort in his sarcasm, it almost seemed like a legitimate thought. Sorry for the outburst.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Sure as hell puts alot of effort in his sarcasm, it almost seemed like a legitimate thought. Sorry for the outburst.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right. Even sarcasm.

There's a history at play here. What I wrote is a reworking of many common arguments I've read on this site when someone posts a video of cops being naughty.

The Trekkie thing I threw in gratuitously.

Gotta watch your step here in the politics forum. Flying tinfoil, government conspiracies, and cops who will beat you down if it gets them home safe at night are the rule of the day.

As to purple, that's for nancy-boys.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Agree, they are extremely disconcerting.

I do wish the General Assembly would consider my proposal. I know of no other fix.

Any suggestions from you, Liberty, or anyone else would be appreciated.

Pard, don't hold your breath.

These dogs are big money-makers, especially for any podunk department that has turned their few miles of expressway into a for-profit operation.

Any attempt to make them more accountable will result in whining from LEO administrators that they're being "handcuffed" in their pursuit of the noble Drug War. After all, it's "for the children."

rw496

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Lake County
    Any money seized by police departments in this state is turned over to the State's school fund. The only money departments are allowed to keep is the law enforcement costs associated with that case....theoretically.

Top Bottom