• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Here is my question. Why do they call it "refusing a breath test" when they can force you to do it? When I was a younger person.....I thought I heard in drivers ed you could refuse a breath test and forfeit your license......is that no longer the case? How do they force a person to give a blood draw? That just don't seem right.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Here is my question. Why do they call it "refusing a breath test" when they can force you to do it? When I was a younger person.....I thought I heard in drivers ed you could refuse a breath test and forfeit your license......is that no longer the case? How do they force a person to give a blood draw? That just don't seem right.

I would think that as a LEO that maybe department regulations may require it? I don't know.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    If a police officer reads you Implied Consent and you refuse to provide a breath sample, that is refusing a breath test. If that happens the officer can ask a judge for what amounts to a search warrant to draw your blood. If the warrant is granted you can be physically held down while the blood is drawn.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I would find it funny if it wasn't so infuriating. I am tired of being treated like **** by the public for something someone else did.

That's a shame really. It takes fools to think every officer is evil..........let em need you and see what they think of you. It's like anything.....there are bad apples everywhere but that don't mean they are all bad. I know it is hard to get people to understand this.....but that is just how it is. Let it roll off your back......

Frank, on another note....if I submit to the breath test, and pass.......can they then force me to a blood draw? Does everyone involved in a fatal accident have to submit to the blood draw.......and under what grounds does that warrant get approved?

Example....if a person throws themselves in the road to commit suicide.....does the unlucky person who hit them automatically have to submit to blood draw or be forced by warrant?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Looks like they arrested the scooter woman now.

Police arrest second woman in viral Beech Grove Walmart fight | Fox 59

Stephenson told police that she got into it with Mills because she overheard her yelling racial slurs at a Walmart employee.However, that employee later told investigators that never happened.

“Charges are being filed now quite frankly because of national media pressure.I think it’s easier for the prosecutors to say we will charge both ladies–let them almost literally fight it out in court,” said Crawford.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Hah! If the employee says it didn't happen, then it's likely the alleged reason for the fight was a lie.

Will we get to find out what really started it?

Top Bottom