• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    This article from the Indanapolis Red Star discusses convenience store robberies in Indiana. A tidbit from the article appears below:

... the Indiana Occupational Safety and Health Administration had been working with Village Pantry to make its stores safer.

The agency, which investigates all workplace fatalities, fined Village Pantry $67,500 after Hough was shot. Its investigation found that store employees "were exposed to hazards, including but not limited to robberies with weapons, threats of violence and assaults," according to the Safety Order and Notification of Penalty.

So the state, through IOSHA, is fining convenience stores for being robbed. Let's not try to solve the problem with, you know, criminals. Let's not lock people up for a a very long time who use firearms while committing a crime. No, let's attack the business and confiscate more of their money, on top of the money they lost in the robberies.

Holding a business responsible for being robbed is no different than holding a woman responsible for being raped.

Shootings could lead to safety rules | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Punishing victims? What is this some backwards place like Pakistan . . . or Tippecanoe County?:laugh:

Great article. I printed it for my files. Good thing to have ready for the lapel pullers.

"The victim cannot be blamed"

"Oh, yeah, then why is your boss doing the blaming?" :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Well that's it. All semblance of logic or justice just got shot, buried, exhumed, spit on, reburied, and set on fire.

I would love it if the VP responded by allowing all of their employees to carry on the job (if they forbid it) or providing an in-store weapon to be used in the event of a robbery.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Just because OSHA / IOSHA levies a fine doesn't mean that the fine was paid.

Acutally having to pay an OSHA fine is one of the last things on a whole list of things that are done in the process.

I realize that it's beside the point of the title, but that's how it works.

-J-

Top Bottom