• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrisBarnes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Greenfield/Cumberland area
    With the state fair coming up next week what are the rules for the state fair grounds for CC/OC? If this is a double post please forgive me. I am just wondering with all that is going on I just want to me safe and keep my family safe.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    It is against State Law to carry on the fair grounds DURING the State Fair. Also be aware that the off-site parking on the north side of the grounds is SCHOOL property as well (you can't even leave it in your car).

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Hmmm. How is it illegal if it is not a school property, a jail, etc, etc?

Some special law written that wasnt preempted by the senate bill?

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Good question, I thought SB292 changed things like this.
    The new law prevents LOCAL governments from enacting firearm restrictions (with a few specific exceptions). It says nothing about state restrictions. The carry prohibition at the state fair is a state restriction.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Gotta lock it in the car.

http://www.in.gov/legislative/iac/T00800/A00040.PDF

80 IAC 4-4-4
    Authority: Affected:
    Deadly weapons prohibited
    IC 15-13-2-9
    IC 15-13-2; IC 15-13-7
    (b) No person in possession of a deadly weapon shall be permitted onto or be permitted to remain on the fairgrounds during the annual state fair.
    (c) Any deadly weapon found in the possession of a person while on the fairgrounds during the annual state fair is subject to immediate confiscation by law enforcement officers or other persons authorized by the executive director of the state fair commission. (d) Any person properly licensed to carry a firearm must secure the firearm in a locked compartment of his or her vehicle, and it shall not be visible to passersby. (State Fair Commission; 80 IAC 4-4-4; filed Jul 7, 2003, 3:15 p.m.: 26 IR 3538; readopted filed
    Oct 4, 2007, 10:29 a.m.: 20071024-IR-080070451RFA)

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Yep, the law abiding gun owners are restricted and left to face the law breaking thugs wandering around the periphery of the fairgrounds seeking defenseless targets for easy pickings. Do people remember the groups of teens targeting white people last year? :noway:

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Kind of a silly question for a licensed gun holder. Did you not do your due diligence and read the law before deciding to carry. Not meaning to be mean but this lack of knowledge is something that really bites me! If you are gonna carry, then know the law. It is simple, there are sites posted and IC that is pretty darn clear. Handgunlaw.us and USA Carry - Your #1 Concealed Carry Resource and Community

And yet this question comes up like clockwork once a year when the state fair is about to roll around. This is why he was asking. Your condescending tone is unnecessary, as this IS one way to do his due diligence.

The relevant code posted above is an Indiana Administrative Code, and not in the IN Code (i.e. regular laws). One can easily read the IC and still miss anything having to do with the IAC.

Have a nice day.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    One of the few places I'd consent to go where I would genuinely want to be carrying, but there ya go. I'm not.

ChrisBarnes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Greenfield/Cumberland area
    And yet this question comes up like clockwork once a year when the state fair is about to roll around. This is why he was asking. Your condescending tone is unnecessary, as this IS one way to do his due diligence.

The relevant code posted above is an Indiana Administrative Code, and not in the IN Code (i.e. regular laws). One can easily read the IC and still miss anything having to do with the IAC.

Have a nice day.

I was just wondering due to the fact that the "state fair" is a special event. With the recent issues and last years tragedy I did not know if they snuck in some new provision concerning it. Thank you to everyone that helped answer this question.

Top Bottom