• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I watched all of three seconds of the show and quit when the lady asked if he had killed somone. thats just a line you dont cross.

F that show.

:noway::noway::noway::noway: Not cool on her part at all.

A good friend's father served in Vietnam. He didn't talk much about it when we were kids. Once we were adults he talked more about it. He now talks to local schools about his experience. He prefaces each discussion with:

"You can ask me any question about my service, except if I have killed anyone, and if so, how many."

Clearly a line that shouldn't be crossed.

tblosl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Evansville
    Just watched the first episode. Was it realistic? Not really. It is for a good cause though. The real winners are the veteran organizations that get donations that the celebrities win. For that reason I'll probably keep watching. It's not every day that you get to see real members of the Special Ops community showing what they do for a living. Hats off to these and all members of our armed forces and LEO's.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I watched it as pure entertainment with gunfire, real gunfire. At least by showing people playing with live ammo, and the firearms not killing anyone but the targets, they did put firearms into as positive light as a TV network can do.

I did like when they called Todd Palin "Rambo" when he proved he was more than just words. The guy was pretty good!

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I watched the first 30 minutes or so before I had to leave and yeah, IGW, Laila Ali is a sheltered, blabbermouth idiot but I think I like the "Good intentions" behind the show and wouldn't write if off quite that quickly.

I haven't seen the whole thing and I 100% understand where the naysayers are coming from but let's be honest, how many of us would pass on the opportunity to do live fire military training with people like Chris Kyle?

Aren't we always saying people should get out and get training?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I liked the show. It's a competition involving firearms. Think of it as "dancing with the stars" with guns. It may be a lil hokie, but it is exposing competent firearm use to the masses. Sure the "actors" may say some stupid thing but by the nature of their profession, that's not surprising. As long as it pisses off anti-gunners, while not making us look like idiots, I have no problem giving it a thumbs up.

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    I watched all of three seconds of the show and quit when the lady asked if he had killed somone. thats just a line you dont cross.

F that show.

Tactless yes, although I remember when the police would come to talk to our school about safety, etc., when I was young(er), that was a aways the first question asked. It's one of those things those with no real exposure to what they do probably are curious about.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I actually thought it conveyed one message very well, over and over. The soldiers who do this type of stuff day in and day out are unbelievably fit, competent and true warriors.

Each star, after "the mission" stepped back and was shocked how hard it was; yet, the soldiers seemed to do their part with relative ease.

Hell, two stars couldn't even swim/float with all of the added gear, and they both looked like they could have easily drowned if it weren't for some assistance.

Let's face it, most of us non-military folks have no idea how difficult of a job it is to do what the military folks do. This show gives the clueless folks a little insight into the world of special operations, even if it is completely watered down for TV.

I'll continue to watch because it's for a good cause as each star has a military based charity which they are hoping to raise money for. Plus, how many shows are out there where you get to see real life special ops folks give training tips?

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Tactless yes, although I remember when the police would come to talk to our school about safety, etc., when I was young(er), that was a aways the first question asked. It's one of those things those with no real exposure to what they do probably are curious about.

An adult should know better. Why would that even be a relevant question anyway. If the person answered "yes, several" would that person then be held in a higher regard? Would the star then say "cool"? NO GOOD can come of that question, and it shouldnt be asked, EVER.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I understand both sides of the argument, and I still wanted to see it. I didn't get the chance. Hopefully, I can catch the next one.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Watched it, enjoyed it for what it was. Enjoyed seeing Chris Kyle. Probably get flamed and banned from the board for this next comment, but the stereotype of African American's not being able to swim sure seemed to be reinforced. Absolutely no disrespect meant, just seemed ironic that neither "star" could swim. Why would you not mention that to someone before you jumped into the water?

Dirty Steve

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    I did find it funny that Todd Palin clearly did the best of all the "stars" but I guess it helps to live in Alaska and be an avid hunter and outdoorsmen.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Watched it, enjoyed it for what it was. Enjoyed seeing Chris Kyle. Probably get flamed and banned from the board for this next comment, but the stereotype of African American's not being able to swim sure seemed to be reinforced. Absolutely no disrespect meant, just seemed ironic that neither "star" could swim. Why would you not mention that to someone before you jumped into the water?

Dirty Steve

There is a big difference between being a marginal swimmer and a proficient swimmer. I am guessing they had some experience with swimming but were not proficient. And because they were not strong swimmers they succumbed to panic when they felt the extra water weight. Panic is the enemy.

And fwiw, it is not an unfounded stereotype....in general African Americans as a whole have much less access to swimming facilities growing up. As such many of them do not learn the fundamentals that many of us have from the very earliest stages of our lives.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    An adult should know better. Why would that even be a relevant question anyway. If the person answered "yes, several" would that person then be held in a higher regard? Would the star then say "cool"? NO GOOD can come of that question, and it shouldnt be asked, EVER.

Your basic problem is that you're confusing media celebrities with adults. :)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    There is a big difference between being a marginal swimmer and a proficient swimmer. I am guessing they had some experience with swimming but were not proficient. And because they were not strong swimmers they succumbed to panic when they felt the extra water weight. Panic is the enemy.

And fwiw, it is not an unfounded stereotype....in general yankee African Americans as a whole have much less access to swimming facilities growing up. As such many of them do not learn the fundamentals that many of us have from the very earliest stages of our lives.

kids of all colors, down south don't have much access to pools, but they for dang sure can swim like fish in any creek, river, or pond.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    The show is very pro military. General Wesley ****ing Clark!

The celebs seem very nervous about the "live guns" and "real bullets."

I think the show may be trying to pass off a view that only the military and LE should have firearms.

Most of these people (the celebrities, obviously) have never even seen a real firearm.

All in all, it is for a good cause.

Top Bottom