• ...and so much more!
  • hot rod al

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Hello All,

Would anybody have a clue on how to remove the spring inside the trigger on a Star PD. I purchased a Wolff service pack kit for it and I was successful in replacing all the springs for the exception of the trigger spring. There is a trigger pin that holds the sear bar in place that needs to be removed but it doesnt go all the way through the trigger.
    headscratch.gif

How do I remove this pin without destroying the trigger assembly. :n00b:

Thanks

309ixq9.jpg

2u8dmpx.jpg

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    The only advice I can offer is to get ahold of a copy of J.B. Wood's excellent "The Gun Digest Book of Firearms Assembly/Disassembly, Part 1: Automatic Pistols". Mine is pretty old (2nd Edition) but has photos and instruction for detail stripping a PD and includes tips to ease the reassembly process.

Hope this is of some help.

hot rod al

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I will try to find that book at the central library or something. I'm thinking that this pin wasn't really made to come out since it doesn't go all the way through the trigger. I suppose if I really wanted that sping replaced I could drill all the way through the trigger and then repin it. That way I would be able to punch the pin out with a punch if I needed to down the road. :)

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    IMO, your chances of finding that book on the shelf at a library, even the central branch in Indy, are slim-to-none. I could be wrong, but I'm not uncertain, given the rampant PC amongst the folks who actually run these things.

Your best bet would be Amazon.com, also just IMO. A quick scan there shows new copies at about $16, plus S&H. All the books in this series are invaluable referrences for shooters, tinkerers and professionals alike. At those prices, I plan to update my own modest library ASAP.

IME, if something is retained with a "blind" pin, then it most probably was never intended to be disassembled under "normal" conditions. If it becomes absolutely necessary, removing such a pin is usually accomplished by drilling a smaller diameter hole in the pin itself. The part(s) can then be secured in a padded vice and tapped for a machine screw or a "broken screw extractor" tool threaded into the hole. Then a judicious squirt of penetrating oil and a pair of vice grips (in the case that the machine screw option is used) will normally allow the pin to eventually be pulled out. Personally, having had to resort to this sort of thing a time or three in my former industrial machine repair work, I'd avoid it if at all possible. It can be a real PITA and chock-full of opprtunies for "unintended consequences" to happen.

Just my $0.02, FWIW.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom