• ...and so much more!
  • indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Please excuse my ignorance, but what makes a Ronin so desirable/special (other than the two-tone effect is cool)?

I have a stainless TRP, and for an out-of-the-box experience vs custom it is a nice pistol. It's very accurate and comfortable to shoot.
    I have accomplished many 5" groups at 10 yds with it (no idea if that's a decent group for a pistol at that range or not, I'm a very amateur shooter).

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Love my Ronin but....
    Just tried my new 10 round Wilson mags in it. They are the black colored ones. VERY tough to insert ( Mags are empty, slide closed). 2 of 3 dropped free. All showed drag marks on the body above the cutout. They would get to the mag catch then have to be pushed a lot harder to get them to seat.
    They worked fine in my Colt.
    The new 8 rounders worked great as usual.
    Ideas or should I just see if they break in?

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Please excuse my ignorance, but what makes a Ronin so desirable/special (other than the two-tone effect is cool)?

I have a stainless TRP, and for an out-of-the-box experience vs custom it is a nice pistol. It's very accurate and comfortable to shoot.
    I have accomplished many 5" groups at 10 yds with it (no idea if that's a decent group for a pistol at that range or not, I'm a very amateur shooter).
    I think its what you get for the money.
    Springfield name quality. Nicely blued slide ,fiber optic sights., Nice fit and finish for a pistol that should MSRP at I think $849. I wanted the 10mm got the 9mm. I still like it.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I think its what you get for the money.
    Springfield name quality. Nicely blued slide ,fiber optic sights., Nice fit and finish for a pistol that should MSRP at I think $849. I wanted the 10mm got the 9mm. I still like it.
    Ahh, thanks. A good value makes sense. My TRP was $1100 which I thought was a good value and I am a happy customer.
    Looks, Shoots, operates flawlessly.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Ahh, thanks. A good value makes sense. My TRP was $1100 which I thought was a good value and I am a happy customer.
    Looks, Shoots, operates flawlessly.
    My Ronin 45acp is way more than I expected. When I first shot it I had a few 2rd bursts because I wasn't expecting the trigger to be so nice. It's absolutely awesome. The 2rd bursts were within 3" of each other also. So I think it fired pretty fast.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Stopped in my LGS and they had a Ronin in .45 the price was right about MSRP if I remember correctly. I'm still looking for a 10mm but the .45 was tempting.

Top Bottom