• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Lately I've seen a few of these for sale, used. It seems like the GI models go for more money than the "Loaded". I can't figure out why. Can someone enlighten me.

mrfjones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Chico
    Not really sure why, but as a package could sell my very lightly used gi model for a decent price. I think it was a good deal for all envolved but basically it was new. Is there a discrepancy in the ages and round counts etc?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    OK, now I know that a "Loaded" should bring more than a "GI". I thought that I was going nuts. I have a Loaded and it has a lot more bells and whistles than a GI. I figured that it was worth more than a GI in the same condition, used. I knew that the Loaded models should cost more new.

On Gunsamerica right now there is a SA SS Milspec for $895 and a SS Loaded for $785. Both are NIB. I've seen the same thing once in a while with used models.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    OK, now I know that a "Loaded" should bring more than a "GI". I thought that I was going nuts. I have a Loaded and it has a lot more bells and whistles than a GI. I figured that it was worth more than a GI in the same condition, used. I knew that the Loaded models should cost more new.

On Gunsamerica right now there is a SA SS Milspec for $895 and a SS Loaded for $785. Both are NIB. I've seen the same thing once in a while with used models.

There is no rhyme or reason to the way people price items on GunsAmerica.com. You can find some good deals and some bad deals... If you try to compare a good deal with a bad deal, you will come away confused.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    You'd be surprised how many people it a GI Mil Spec Loaded Springfield 1911, then don't know what model it actually is. I'm amazed at how many people try to sell GI's for Mil-Spec pricing.

I'd love to buy a springfield loaded parkerized though. That's been on my to-buy list for a long time, but I can't justify spending $800 on a new 1911.

Flex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    I have the 1911 Loaded I paid just over $550 plus tax.I sure you can find one under $700
    saco1911_03.jpg

Top Bottom