• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    So who's all going out in the morning? Just packed the decoys and sat the camo out, come on first light! Good luck to all.

Make sure to post some pics tomorrow!

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'll be in the woods for the next five days or until the tag is filled. May head back to KY for a second bird down there if things go well tomorrow or Thursday.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Cant get out until Saturday, its my first year so hopefully it all goes well

Good luck. I've only done it once. Forgot the decoys and my call in the truck after I had walked in 30 mins and it was getting light so I just sat back and fell asleep.

Got one of those feeling after a while, opened my eyes and here's a nice Tom standing 25yds out in front of me. One pop, one 24lb Tom. My brother the turkey hunter was not happy.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Heading down to our spot on Thursday afternoon. Really looking forward to it. The only downsideis we will be doing less plinking and target shooting at the cabin with the cost of replacement ammo. But we will still burn some ammo up

I'm curious to see if the relatively late Spring has the birds more or less likely to be hened up.

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Cant get out until Saturday, its my first year so hopefully it all goes well

Good luck, my first time out I was lucky enough to take a 17lb Jake. He wasn't the biggest bird in the woods, but he's still hanging on my wall today.

I'll be in the woods for the next five days or until the tag is filled. May head back to KY for a second bird down there if things go well tomorrow or Thursday.

Where at in KY? My wife's family is from the Corbin/London area. We were just down there over spring break and literally saw hundreds of them. I was invited to come down this year, but work isn't cooperating.

Heading down to our spot on Thursday afternoon. Really looking forward to it. The only downsideis we will be doing less plinking and target shooting at the cabin with the cost of replacement ammo. But we will still burn some ammo up

I'm curious to see if the relatively late Spring has the birds more or less likely to be hened up.

I saw a few Tom's with hens last week while scouting on our land, with any luck, we can set the decoys out and pull them off the roost but we'll see.

I head out at 4am. Be in the bling at daybreak. All decoys packed and ready. I'm excited this year.

This will be the first time in three years I've had the time to make it out. The last two years didn't really bother me, but this year I'm pretty pumped.

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    We have a really good property to try, we see turkeys every time we go there. Nobody has deer hunted it in about 20 years, and nobody has ever turkey hunted it. Ive never seen so many turkeys on one property before so hopefully we can at least see a few or possibly call one in. Its going to be a learning experience but either way its going to be another reason to be in the woods each year, I have a hog hunt booked in florida on may 28th so hopefully Ill get my first turkey and first hog here soon

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Well I just got back in. :rockwoot:
    This is one of my quickest hunts ever.
    I got set up in a field about 6:15. Put out a DSD hen and a feather flex jake.
    At about 6:40 I hears my first gobble. I lightly tree yelped and clucked. He hammered it.
    At 6:50 2 Toms landed 50 yards away. It took a little coaxing but at appx.7 am I dropped the hammer on one that weighed 25#, 10" beard, and 1 1/8" spurs. :ar15:
    Wet birds do not take good pictures.
    I hope the rest of you guys had as equally as good a hunt as I did.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Just got back from the am hunt and nothing. No gobbles, no hens, nothing in the fields. Hoping the sun might bust through this afternoon and warm things up a bit. Congrats Mike H!! Sounds like a nice bird!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Headed out this am and was all messed up. Lost my decoy, left the strikers in the truck and I still had a shot on a big mature tom but missed!!! Got soaking wet and headed home for lunch. Threw clothes in the dryer and am heading back out with a buddy this afternoon!!! Hopefully will have better luck!!!

Top Bottom