• ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I'm getting it on my iPhone on about 80% of my page loads. Only Spotify here.

*puts phone down and steps away*

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Out of curiosity, does AVG make an app for the iphone platform? So far, I've seen a whole lot of nothing in the way of popups and annoyances on my android, but then the very first app I installed was AVG...

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I've been getting them for a couple of days as well. I've tried clearing history, deleting cookies, turning off cookie storage, rebooting iPhone, all with no results. Every time I move to a different thread, it opens the App Store for something.
    A royal PITA.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    When I was on my android phone yesterday, the only one I got was the one saying I was infected with a virus (ewww) and needed to download the app to get rid of it. It was a very good imitation of the page you get from an actual anti-virus program.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    When I was on my android phone yesterday, the only one I got was the one saying I was infected with a virus (ewww) and needed to download the app to get rid of it. It was a very good imitation of the page you get from an actual anti-virus program.
    I saw that one Saturday when I was using my Android phone.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    It happened 4 times viewing this thread. From what I'm understanding it's an ad on ingo forcing the redirect. I'd love to find a solution, I've erased and reset everything. iPhone 4 with iOS 7.something.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Still nothing on iPad, but I just tried my phone and it happens on almost every single page load. It's obnoxious.

Anyone tried the mobile skin? I know it sucks, but maybe it would make the site useable.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This is just the next salvo in the war between annoying advertisements and the public. Apparently Apple added something that allows the popups and now advertisers are taking advantage.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Still nothing on iPad, but I just tried my phone and it happens on almost every single page load. It's obnoxious.

Anyone tried the mobile skin? I know it sucks, but maybe it would make the site useable.

I've been navigating with the mobile skin for several minutes with no redirects, FWIW.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I got it once but for the life of me can't remember what I was using when I got it. I passed this along to the more techy MODS to look into it also.

Top Bottom