• ...and so much more!
  • Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    School me on speedloaders for pistols.

Have never used one, but age and heaver springs in mags has increased the difficulty of loading them.

There seem to be simple ones that just push down the bullets, and more complex mechanical ones with levers and such.

What works and what doesn't?

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I consider this the best universal loader. It loads single stack and double stack mags of many calibers. The UpLula. *****There are a lot of knockoff units of inferior quality on Amazon and eBay. I had a friend who bought one of these from Amazon and it was junk. There is even a warning about this on UpLula's website.

maglula | Tools for loading and unloading magazines

If you have a 9mm Glock or a 9mm carbine that uses Glock mags, IMHO this is the best mag loader ever. Even easier to use than the UpLula. However, it is specific to 1 type of magazine (9mm/.40 cal Glock).

SPEED BEEZ® Lever Loader Glock 17, 19 9mm Magazine Loader, Pistol Caliber Carbine (PCC) - Speed BeezSpeed Beez

Last edited:

mbkintner

Up the Irons
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Behind You
    That's pretty cool. I don't load out of a box so I would lose that feature but I can see it's allure.

I have a few of them and they work really well. I even think loading loose ammunition with them is quicker than using a the upLULA; which I also have. Just slide each round onto the ETS rail one at a time and push them down with the plunger. Quick and easy.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Get the uplulu first since it works for all bullet types and more magazine types.

Get the EPS next if you sometimes load from boxes. Beware it only works on double stack mags in 9mm and .40. Mine required some use to break in before it worked well. Also follow the directions and use a dab of oil as directed. These work great for 9mm ball ammo, some HP defense ammo and not at all for Falderal Syntech ammo (poly coated).

I also have a SPEED BEEZ® Lever Loader and it works ok but I'm not a fan compared to the uplulu. It is on my pile of unused things I tried.

mbkintner

Up the Irons
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Behind You
    Get the uplulu first since it works for all bullet types and more magazine types.

Get the EPS next if you sometimes load from boxes. Beware it only works on double stack mags in 9mm and .40. Mine required some use to break in before it worked well. Also follow the directions and use a dab of oil as directed. These work great for 9mm ball ammo, some HP defense ammo and not at all for Falderal Syntech ammo (poly coated).

I also have a SPEED BEEZ® Lever Loader and it works ok but I'm not a fan compared to the uplulu. It is on my pile of unused things I tried.

Gen 2 works fine with single stacks.

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    Well, my thumbs get a workout loading mags too. The speedloader concept seems solid, but i'm wondering if the Pres Elect, JBidet is going to tax those too? I'm hoping not, my single shot shotgun doesn't use them! My CVA Muzzleloader does have pre-measured powder tubes, same deal, hoped they won't be on Executive Order too? Good luck.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    That one brand of pistol puts them in the factory box for you...

20201225-133140.jpg

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Their is no dispute that the manufacturer supplied Glock magazine loader gets the job done. But the UpLuLA gets the job done faster and easier AND the UpLULA can be used with magazines from virtually any manufacturer.

Johwar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2020
    Elwood
    School me on speedloaders for pistols.

Have never used one, but age and heaver springs in mags has increased the difficulty of loading them.

There seem to be simple ones that just push down the bullets, and more complex mechanical ones with levers and such.

What works and what doesn't?
    Uplula

Top Bottom