• ...and so much more!
  • goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    "When officers asked for a more detailed description of the assailants, the man became uncooperative, according to police."

Very short article and based on the quote above, it sounds like there is a whole lot more to this story than is being told. Wouldn't you agree?

jeep911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    he prob. wants to keep it in house because he did somethin wrong to cause the people to invade his home

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    He most likely knew the assailants (why he would open his door at 2:30 AM), and has a decent amount of desire to take care of things himself..... can't name names if they are going to end up face down in the river soon.....:twocents:

GeneralCarver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    Mistake one: He opened the door at 2:30 am to someone he didn't know. NEVER open your door. Talk to them through the door to see if you think its safe to open. And don't hesitate to call the police. Anyone coming to your place demanding attention at that time of day is UP TO NO GOOD.

I spoke with one of the victims of this recent spree. She came in to get one of the serial numbers for a gun stolen from her house. She was the mother of the family. Her husband had got off work and was walking into the house when they ambushed him outside. He tried to run, and fell down and they caught up to him. Then he refused to take them into the house so they pistol whipped him and he caved in and took them inside. They bound up the family and then looted the house. They didn't hurt anyone else. However, the family has not stayed at the house since that incident. They were terrorized enough by the encounter. I can't blame them.

So, lesson for this incident is try to keep your awareness up. We will always have the initial disadvantage in a violent encounter because we'll be living life, thinking of dinner or quality time with your girl friend or wife and all the sudden your surprised by an attacker. Also, if your ambushed, get off the line of attack, draw ON THE MOVE, and get to cover. Shoot if needed.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    How is it home invasion! He opened the door, got hit, and they ran away.the story didn't mention the b.g.s entering the house.Sorry for double post

Last edited:

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    He most likely knew the assailants (why he would open his door at 2:30 AM), and has a decent amount of desire to take care of things himself..... can't name names if they are going to end up face down in the river soon.....:twocents:
    I hope not, I fish the river here and it doesn't need to be polluted by anymore local scumbags floating in it! :D

GeneralCarver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    How is it a home invasion if they ran away after they hit him with the gun? (allegedly)

Well, the woman I talked to at the shop must have been one of the other families which have been hit over the past few months. Probably not the one in the article. What happened is the husband was ambushed outside the road, then threatened into complying with taking the bad guys into his house with him, where they tied up him and his entire family.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    We had a home invasion a couple of years ago in the downtown area. I think it was more of a drug deal gone bad but, the owner came up with an SKS. One was shot and limped back to the car. The others got in and in their haste left the guy. They backed up only to run over him. They then left, he survived.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I've always said, home invasions won't stop until there are more bad guys who wind up dead than bad guys who wind up with loot.

Eventually if you kill enough burglars, there won't be any left with the cajones to continue.

It will start happening sooner or later...BG getting shot will hopefully send a message. I hope for sooner here in The Bend. That's 5 or 6 in the last month. Looks like elderly are in the crosshairs now.

Scum of the lowest form, preying on the old folks.

:ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15:to them!

Top Bottom