Source for IBC totes, food grade 55-gal metal/plastic drums, and 6-gal container

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I recently drove to Spencer, IN and bought a few IBC totes and 55-gal drums. They were in good shape and he had a ton of them. The totes were $90 each, food grade. The 55-gal drums were $15, and the 6-gallon containers were $4 each. The 6-gal containers are solid, opaque, and should work great as a portable water storage solution. The IBC totes were clean, the 6-gal had remnant of margarita mix concentrate in them. Still trying to clean them.

These guys are only selling on craigslist but have good prices and a lot to choose from.

275 gallon tank container IBC tote food grade

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I recently drove to Spencer, IN and bought a few IBC totes and 55-gal drums. They were in good shape and he had a ton of them. The totes were $90 each, food grade. The 55-gal drums were $15, and the 6-gallon containers were $4 each. The 6-gal containers are solid, opaque, and should work great as a portable water storage solution. The IBC totes were clean, the 6-gal had remnant of margarita mix concentrate in them. Still trying to clean them.

These guys are only selling on craigslist but have good prices and a lot to choose from.

275 gallon tank container IBC tote food grade

I recommend flushing the containers with tequila. No sense wasting that mix.
    :):

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    No kidding. Supposedly since 9/11 you are not allowed to reuse the IBC totes. I don't understand it and couldn't find a reference online as to why not. These came from a margarita mix manufacturer in Louisville. The totes had concentrated lime juice in them from Mexico. I couldn't smell lime at all in them.

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    Man, I have been debating making a trip over there, but I only want 1 container. Long drive for just one. A place in Whiteland sells them sometime, but they supposedly aren't food grade.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Man, I have been debating making a trip over there, but I only want 1 container. Long drive for just one. A place in Whiteland sells them sometime, but they supposedly aren't food grade.

Your solution would be to find a few other people also interested in their products and "truck pool" over and pick up what everyone wants!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I considered offering to do that but my trailer wouldn't hold much. I would take a lot more of the 6-gal cans and a few of the plastic 55-gal blue containers (food grade)

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    No kidding. Supposedly since 9/11 you are not allowed to reuse the IBC totes. I don't understand it and couldn't find a reference online as to why not. These came from a margarita mix manufacturer in Louisville. The totes had concentrated lime juice in them from Mexico. I couldn't smell lime at all in them.
    I know that the waste industrial hydraulic oil industry reuses them.
    There is a place in Frankton and just above Summitville that clean and resell them.
    I bought a few from the Frankton business a few years back and they were food grade that had rice syrup in them.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I can fit five in my full-size truck. I have a source for foodgrade ones that are a lot cheaper than that. No I won’t say, because I don’t want the price getting jacked up. Ha ha. We use a lot of them for our maple syrup operation and I trade the place syrup for the IBCs so it’s even cheaper for me.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I have a few food grade 35g drums with gaskets and locking lids. I used them for my animal feeds. But since switched to 55g drums

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Is the guy in Spencer no longer selling? I've bought many different kinds of tanks, totes, containers from him. His setup is rather large and diverse in container volume and sizes. The best part of buying from him is that all the containers are sourced so you'll know what was originally in them. One of the IBC totes I bought there was first used for boat/RV antifreeze; the pink stuff used for flushing and winterizing. I'm comfortable storing fresh water in it that I later use to refill my boondocked RV. I don't drink RV water so it's only used for shower, dishes, etc. Can anyone confirm he's still selling in Spencer??

Top Bottom