Sounds like a political move to say the least...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Any of the plans will require Iraqi approval, and on that front, the Pentagon recently secured a commitment from the Iraqis to start negotiations, but they have not agreed to any number.

Haha, The Iraqis think they can control the number of OUR troops committed to HELPING them... Wanna bet?

What are they gonna do, come here and fight us?

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Since we're being forced by reality to make better spending decisions, not much money for rebuilding a country with a corrupt government and sitting on a large oil reserve.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Since we're being forced by reality to make better spending decisions, not much money for rebuilding a country with a corrupt government and sitting on a large oil reserve.

Not a big fan of the American puppet Iraqi gov?

Of course it's corrupt, our Gubbermint picked them. It doesn't matter how bad someone is as long as they agree to play ball by the Oil Company, Bank, and Defense Contractors' rules. The US has toppled Democratically elected governments that didn't follow the "rules", why should anyone expect anything different?

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Last night I saw a clip of Panetta on TVB. He clearly said "no plans have been made". I turned to my wife and said whay the hell are they announcing it if no plans have been made. This is being done for political reasons period. November 2012 is going to be the best month of my life.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I don't believe we ever should have gone to Iraq. That being said, Donald Rumsfeld is primarily responsible for the fiasco it has become. Anytime a civilian thinks he knows more about how to conduct military operations than the professionals (see LBJ) you are in for a goat roping.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I don't believe we ever should have gone to Iraq. That being said, Donald Rumsfeld is primarily responsible for the fiasco it has become. Anytime a civilian thinks he knows more about how to conduct military operations than the professionals (see LBJ) you are in for a goat roping.

It's the job of the National Command Authority (which includes the Secretary of Defense) to define the objectives for any military campaign. Rumsfeld wasn't involved in day-to-day operations the way LBJ ran the Vietnam War during his tenure. Rumsfeld made policy and passed it down through the Joint Chiefs of Staff, where it was implemented through staff actions just like everything else. The State Department interferes with military operations on a "local" level much more than the Secretary of Defense.

Top Bottom