• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I was in the Camby Walmart one day last week and they were installing a new firearms cabinet like they all used to have. I don't know if all are doing it or a select few, but I bet soon we'll see more Walmarts get back into the local gun market.

Anyone else notice this at other stores?

remington870

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Hebron
    In NW Indiana, only the Valparaiso Walmart still has firearms. None of the others sell any, nor have I seen them installing cabinets or such.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    In NW Indiana, only the Valparaiso Walmart still has firearms. None of the others sell any, nor have I seen them installing cabinets or such.

In NWI, Schererville also has firearms, but they might as well not, since their gun counter people are about as unhelpful and unknowledgeable as they can be. I've had really good service at Valpo though.

willytlucas

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Boone
    I don't think the Lebanon Wal-mart will ever get them back. They stopped selling them years ago after a couple of robo-trippers broke in and stole some guns in an attempt to go break someone out of a juvenile corrections facility. Luckily they carjacked a guy with On-Star.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I don't believe the store on US 31 South has stocked guns in the past. I have not been inside there in several months, maybe I'll take a run at it this weekend and see what's new.

West 86th street store has not stocked guns in 4 years - if they ever did. I'll take a look there too next time I'm out.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    There may very well be some kind of specified length-of-time-for-no-sales agreements coming to an end/close.

From my understanding, the zoning folks only allowed Walmarts in Indy if they agreed to no firearms sales. I have no idea if that's a permanent clause or if it's bound by a certain time frame.

I'd think that it's certainly plausible that some types of agreements like these have a "20 year" expiration or what-not. Who knows...

KagA152

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 18, 2013
    Freetown
    Both Columbus locations have had long guns for the 1.5 years I've lived here. Scary black ones including Colt, Windham, and DPMS. Scottsburg had a DPMS in .308 flavor the other week when I was down there. I do not ever recall seeing any when I lived in the Peoples Republic of Illinois but five minutes over the border into Wisconsin they are stocked.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Money talks and Wal Mart is in the business of making money. I would bet that they are making a pretty good profit with each firearm sold even if their prices are competitive with the local gun shops. A couple of years ago, I read an article that Wal Mart had a 78% profit margin on their electronics which, I think, means that they can manufacture a television in China, ship it to the USA, distribute it all over our country and sell it for $100 with only a $22 cost to them for each unit. I would doubt if their profits would be so high on firearms, but with the volumes that they can sell, I do imagine that there is a pretty good profit to be made. This is both good and bad for the American economy.

Mossberg84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    Crawfordsville Wal-mart sells long guns. Mostly just shot guns and .22 rifles. They have had the gun counter for as long as I've lived here AFAIK, about 5 years. Don't know if they have has it before then or not.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Brownsburg never stopped selling them. I was eyeing a pink Cricket just the other day.

Heck, that was the first time I stepped into a WalMart in almost a year.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The Plymouth walmart has long guns. I was asking about 9mm ammo the other day and the guy asked if we had bought the gun there. I pointed out that they don't sell handguns so we had not. He said the only walmart stores that sell handguns are in Alaska.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Brownsburg never stopped selling them. I was eyeing a pink Cricket just the other day.

Heck, that was the first time I stepped into a WalMart in almost a year.

That's not true. I've lived out here for 10 years, and they started re-selling them about 3 years ago. Before that they did not. Let me rephrase that, they did not STOCK them. I'm sure they could be special ordered through the dept manager butthat should be the case for all the stores IIRC.

Top Bottom