Not open for further replies.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Road Rage Video Evidence Enforcement.
    Currently in Indiana if you catch someone road raging on video law enforcement won't do much unless you catch a hit & run or other felony.
    I'd like to see that changed where if the video owner will sign a complaint, show up for court (if it goes that far) law enforcement will do something about the road rager.

Chronic drug user revocation of licence, even if they aren't involved in traffic accidents.
    The addicted, chronic drug user shouldn't have a driver's licence of any kind since law enforcement knows for a fact they are addicts.
    Where are the "Red Flag" laws here?

Hit & Run forefiture of licence & vehicle used in the hit & run.
    If you are stupid enough to run after an accident, then you have no idea how society works and don't deserve driving privileges or a vehicle to hit someone else with.

What brings me around to this,
    Grand niece hit by chronic drug user & road rager that left the accident site.
    The accident left her pinned in the vehicle, was hospitalized for 4 days, and even through we had video evidence the drug user was road raging, as far as we can tell intentionally hit my grand niece, and drove away, law enforcement says they can't/won't do much about it.

The road rager had no current plates/registration, no insurance, suspended licence, and you can clearly see the driver get out of the pickup, look at my niece, then get back in the truck & drive off.
    Left arm & leg in casts, minor cuts & bruises, but expected to recover 'fully'.
    Through plea bargaining, charged with 'Leaving The Scene' and three previous drug/vehicle accidents on probation for, the probation wasn't even suspended.

Since she can't remember the accident (knocked out/head injury) she can't testify the video is 'Accurate', so it can't be used for aggravated criminal charges.

While our insurance paid for pretty much everything, they don't expect to recover a dime from the road rager.
    He's what the insurance company call 'Judgment Proof', no assets, no job, trying to claim disability for the damage done by drug abuse...
    HER insurance went way up and will stay high for 3 to 6 years.

The kicker,
    His sister got his truck out of impound, he's got it back, it's sitting in front of the house his girlfriend rents.
    If it had been a forefiture, it would be crushed/shredded by now...
    Where exactly does common sense kick in?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Unless they’ve committed a crime (reckless driving, intimidation, etc.) road rage isn’t illegal. Unless you want them given a ticket for following too closely or something. It still hinges upon law enforcement finding the person who was driving the car. Having a license plate number is great, but they still have to prove who was actually driving. It sounds like they caught and charged the guy in your scenario. He was already suspended, so nothing would be gained under your proposal.

As far as license forfeiture, you are wildly overestimating how much people would care about that. In Marion County, there are tons of unlicensed/suspended drivers. A lot of hit-and-runs result because the fleeing person doesn’t have a license or has some other issue going on. For the kinds of people you’re describing, they probably don’t have a license already, or wouldn’t be impacted by losing it. They’ll keep driving anyway.

Last edited:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I had my car totaled back in November by someone who was driving on a revoked license. She got a ticket at the scene, but had her parents come to drive her vehicle away. I’m all for tougher penalties for repeat offenders. Unfortunately, they just don’t seem to give a crap. She is probably still driving on the road today.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    As to forfeiture of the vehicle in hit and run, That is a nightmare.

So if I borrow your car and perform a hit and run, You are OK with losing YOUR car because *I* was negligent? How is that fair to you?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Road Rage Video Evidence Enforcement.
    Currently in Indiana if you catch someone road raging on video law enforcement won't do much unless you catch a hit & run or other felony.
    I'd like to see that changed where if the video owner will sign a complaint, show up for court (if it goes that far) law enforcement will do something about the road rager.

Chronic drug user revocation of licence, even if they aren't involved in traffic accidents.
    The addicted, chronic drug user shouldn't have a driver's licence of any kind since law enforcement knows for a fact they are addicts.
    Where are the "Red Flag" laws here?

Hit & Run forefiture of licence & vehicle used in the hit & run.
    If you are stupid enough to run after an accident, then you have no idea how society works and don't deserve driving privileges or a vehicle to hit someone else with.

What brings me around to this,
    Grand niece hit by chronic drug user & road rager that left the accident site.
    The accident left her pinned in the vehicle, was hospitalized for 4 days, and even through we had video evidence the drug user was road raging, as far as we can tell intentionally hit my grand niece, and drove away, law enforcement says they can't/won't do much about it.

The road rager had no current plates/registration, no insurance, suspended licence, and you can clearly see the driver get out of the pickup, look at my niece, then get back in the truck & drive off.
    Left arm & leg in casts, minor cuts & bruises, but expected to recover 'fully'.
    Through plea bargaining, charged with 'Leaving The Scene' and three previous drug/vehicle accidents on probation for, the probation wasn't even suspended.

Since she can't remember the accident (knocked out/head injury) she can't testify the video is 'Accurate', so it can't be used for aggravated criminal charges.

While our insurance paid for pretty much everything, they don't expect to recover a dime from the road rager.
    He's what the insurance company call 'Judgment Proof', no assets, no job, trying to claim disability for the damage done by drug abuse...
    HER insurance went way up and will stay high for 3 to 6 years.

The kicker,
    His sister got his truck out of impound, he's got it back, it's sitting in front of the house his girlfriend rents.
    If it had been a forefiture, it would be crushed/shredded by now...
    Where exactly does common sense kick in?

So you know where this jack*** lives?

Do you have access to hogs?

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana

Yes, this was 7 months ago and like I said, he's been to court, pleaded no contest, and didn't have his 3 other probations revoked.

An officer at the scene was in court and told us his vehicle was sitting at his girlfriend's house.
    The officer was going to charge him again if he showed up for court driving, but he wasn't.

As to the other,
    If someone is in a stolen, borrowed or rental vehicle, there would need to be exemptions, like there are with all other laws...

Revoked is different than suspended.
    While you *Can* be arrested for suspended licence, it's mandatory on revoked licence.
    A revocation would land this idiot in jail no matter what, while suspended it's officers decision, as in unpaid parking tickets, nothing you might not know about and isn't a felony...

Road Raging IS ILLEGAL,
    It's aggressive driving, endangerment of others.
    Not to mention all the traffic violations road rangers rack up.

The issue is, in Indiana video isn't enough, the officer has to see the road rage to be charged with road rage unless you capture a felony, they just won't do anything about it.

Much to the credit of the officer, he did try to book the guy on road rage, all the traffic offenses caught on the video, but the CLEO/DA wouldn't move forward with charges.
    They also wouldn't drug test the guy, even through he was on probation for 3 drug offenses, 2 involving car crashes.

The officer out right told me they won't do much unless the guy kills somebody...
    There is a reason he's looking for another department & has applied to state police.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I watch quite a few dash-cam videos on YouTube. Somewhere around 50% of them involve a clueless dash-cammer not realizing how he significantly contributed to whatever he is incensed about.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I watch quite a few dash-cam videos on YouTube. Somewhere around 50% of them involve a clueless dash-cammer not realizing how he significantly contributed to whatever he is incensed about.

Blame the victim?
    I expect nothing less than to defend road raging from some people on this forum...

So someone does something stupid, the rager is 10x worse because they INTENTIONALLY endanger everyone around them.

And my grand niece did NOTHING wrong, simply the wrong place, close to the person the rager was going off on and got rammed waiting for a light to change.

At 17 she has to deal with the damage inflicted on her for the rest of her life.
    I'm old enough, and beat up enough through life I know for a fact that broken bones & head injuries are never 'Good To Go',
    At the very least arthritis, cold sensitivity, with all the pain that brings, are a given...

Now her insurance has more than doubled, we don't know about long term issues with the head injury (CTE?) Or how her broken bones are going to heal, effect her throughout her life.

CHECK YOUR MORAL COMPASS!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Blame the victim?
    I expect nothing less than to defend road raging from some people on this forum...

So someone does something stupid, the rager is 10x worse because they INTENTIONALLY endanger everyone around them.

And my grand niece did NOTHING wrong, simply the wrong place, close to the person the rager was going off on and got rammed waiting for a light to change.

Now her insurance has more than doubled, we don't know about long term issues with the head injury (CTE?) Or how her broken bones are going to heal, effect her throughout her life.

You seem upset.

Are you in the videos I watch?

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    You seem upset.

Are you in the videos I watch?

Probably not...
    Although you might have seen some of the video I've taken.
    My buddy likes to post idiot driver videos so I give them to him.

On the other hand, what are the chances YOU are one of the road rangers/idiot drivers in the videos since you defend road raging, blame victims, etc?

Like this snarky comment reply,

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Probably not...
    Although you might have seen some of the video I've taken.
    My buddy likes to post idiot driver videos so I give them to him.

On the other hand, what are the chances YOU are one of the road rangers/idiot drivers in the videos since you defend road raging, blame victims, etc?

Like this snarky comment reply,
    ...and a Merry Christmas to you too!

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Yes, this was 7 months ago and like I said, he's been to court, pleaded no contest, and didn't have his 3 other probations revoked.

An officer at the scene was in court and told us his vehicle was sitting at his girlfriend's house.
    The officer was going to charge him again if he showed up for court driving, but he wasn't.

As to the other,
    If someone is in a stolen, borrowed or rental vehicle, there would need to be exemptions, like there are with all other laws...

Revoked is different than suspended.
    While you *Can* be arrested for suspended licence, it's mandatory on revoked licence.
    A revocation would land this idiot in jail no matter what, while suspended it's officers decision, as in unpaid parking tickets, nothing you might not know about and isn't a felony...

Road Raging IS ILLEGAL,
    It's aggressive driving, endangerment of others.
    Not to mention all the traffic violations road rangers rack up.

The issue is, in Indiana video isn't enough, the officer has to see the road rage to be charged with road rage unless you capture a felony, they just won't do anything about it.

Much to the credit of the officer, he did try to book the guy on road rage, all the traffic offenses caught on the video, but the CLEO/DA wouldn't move forward with charges.
    They also wouldn't drug test the guy, even through he was on probation for 3 drug offenses, 2 involving car crashes.

The officer out right told me they won't do much unless the guy kills somebody...
    There is a reason he's looking for another department & has applied to state police.
    Do you have an IC code for this “revoked vs. suspended” thing? I haven’t run across it. I’ve seen unlicensed, suspended (infraction/prior), and HTV.

Also, “road rage” falls under aggressive driving. 3+ violations from a specific group of violations can constitute aggressive driving. It’s more specific than just “road rage,” which can be flipping people off, cussing them out, whatever.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana

Well, the thought has crossed my mind...

But I'm a law & order type,
    I don't necessarily want to trade my retirement for a prison cell for some piece of drug addicted trash.

On the other hand, if she were hurt worse or killed, if everyone buried in these river bottoms were to stand up at once the population of the county would double... ;)

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Blame the victim?

At 17 she has to deal with the damage inflicted on her for the rest of her life.
    I'm old enough, and beat up enough through life I know for a fact that broken bones & head injuries are never 'Good To Go',
    At the very least arthritis, cold sensitivity, with all the pain that brings, are a given...

You know, this WAS turning out to be a decent thread with good discussion. But then someone posts something that you don’t completely agree with and right on cue you turn it into an absolute sh** show just like you do to every thread that you participate in. You show up with your condescension and accusations, and moral/intellectual superiority just like you always do. Seriously, have you considered why exactly you even come here to mingle with us mere peasants? Because I sure as hell don’t get it.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    ...and a Merry Christmas to you too!

Are you related to this guy from last month?
    Seems like this might be your kid from the way you talk...

The offender called his "Daddy", which backed the kid's claim of a "Merge Lane", claiming the 'homicidal' truck driver in the 'murder machine' 'Swerved' into him while he was in the "Merge Lane".
    when law enforcement arrived...

If anyone sees a "Merge Lane" you shouldn't have a driver's licence.

"Daddy" managed to talk his kid into several tickets,
    Running a stop sign,
    Windows tinted too dark,
    Operating on the shoulder,
    Failure to yeild,
    Illegal lane change resulting in collision...

The more the idiot (and idiot Jr.) yelled at the officer, the more tickets they got...
    Some people's kids... And their parents...

Then tried again with the insurance company, and after their insurance company got the video were dropped for attempted insurance fraud...

Notice the frosted over car, which had about 20 minutes before these pictures were taken, so frosted over windows along with way too dark window tint, as measured by the officer's light meter...

IMG_0074 (1).JPG

IMG_0067.JPG

Is this the type of video where the cammer 'Causes' the road rage you were blabbering about?

Last edited:

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    You know, this WAS turning out to be a decent thread with good discussion. But then someone posts something that you don’t completely agree with and right on cue you turn it into an absolute sh** show just like you do to every thread that you participate in. You show up with your condescension and accusations, and moral/intellectual superiority just like you always do. Seriously, have you considered why exactly you even come here to mingle with us mere peasants? Because I sure as hell don’t get it.

Nope, I don't agree with any of it at all.
    No tolerance for BS, victim blaming, trying to justify idiotic/dangerous actions, etc.

UNDER THE INFLUENCE isn't an Excuse,
    It's Premeditation, knowing full well you are impaired, but still driving.
    It should INCREASE charges instead of reduce them.

Stoned, drunk, on the phone, whatever,
    It's all ILLEGAL.

When a 17 year old student can't go from school to work at 2:30pm and NOT be plowed into by an addict road rager things just aren't right with the law/justice system.

Anyone that makes excuses for them probably shouldn't have a licence either and should expect the victims/family of victims to set them straight.
    That won't matter much because something is already broken in their heads anyway, but all the same...

But thanks for trying...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom