Please reply by conversation.

Jmtbug21

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Johnson County
    Sold

Disclaimer: This is being sold as is for a fun project to one lucky person. I bought this from an old man who had it sitting under his lean-to for several years after he said he started having issues with it and just parked it. I bought it as a project but I have too many projects going.

It is a 2008 or 2009 Montana 700 4x4. Montana used to be a tractor company that's no longer around. The plate says "Tomoto Industries" but it is made by HiSun. Carbureted model.

The Good: It runs! I got it running after replacing several dry rotted hoses and boots, cleaning the carb, changing filters, and other things but it still needs some more tlc.. Only 1,169 miles on the tach (no hour meter). Goes over 50 MPH. Four wheel drive works as well as the differential lock. Winch works well. It's overall in pretty decent shape. Never rolled or crashed. New battery.

HiSun still makes this model in the same exact body style so parts are available and plentiful (I bought everything I put into it at Amazon). The only difference between the new ones and this one is that they are now EFI. They're sold by Lowes and other places under the names Axis, Coleman, Massimo, Cub Cadet and others. They're like $12,000 at Lowes!

The Bad: The cooling fan won't kick on which will cause it to overheat. Seats aren't in good shape. Body is faded from the sun. Tires hold air but are cracked on the sidewalls.
    The Really Bad: The engine oil is mixing with the coolant. So I am guessing a blown head gasket or warped head. I have not removed the head to check. I am also guessing that the old man ran it until it overheated which blew the head. You can buy a brand new cylinder head kit from Amazon. The engine stutters under full throttle, high rpms, probably because of the head as well.

Like I said above, I have other projects more pressing and would like to get this out of the way.

No title, the man told me it didn't come with one.....

Pick up in Johnson County. No trades. $2100 obo cash
    PXL_20221121_215830156.jpg
    PXL_20221121_215821700.jpg
    PXL_20221121_215904984.jpg PXL_20221121_220137190.jpg PXL_20221121_220454647.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom