• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Had to dig a dirch from my garden to my existing ditch to get the 8 inches of standing water out of it. I think I will lose over half of it and they are calling for rain/thunderstorms for the next 4 days now.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Garden wise, I'm doing fine. But I'm not talking about a *field*.

I too am wondering about the fields! Havent seen much corn growning....Am I missing something? Isn't it supposed to be "knee high by 4th of July"? Ive been noticing loads of un-touched fields. What's with that?

Sorry to hi jack!

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Garden wise, I'm doing fine. But I'm not talking about a *field*.

I too am wondering about the fields! Havent seen much corn growning....Am I missing something? Isn't it supposed to be "knee high by 4th of July"? Ive been noticing loads of un-touched fields. What's with that?

Sorry to hi jack!

It's a 1/2 acre garden so it is a small field. lol

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was wandering how the planting progess is in the northen part of state?

Most of my corn, peppers, tomatos, pumpkin & navy/kidney beans are all doing extremely well, I had a couple setbacks with my lettuce which thankfully have fully recovered, and lost most of my watermelons which only a single plant has managed to survive & cantalopes which about half of which has fully recovered & snow peas which about half have survived and are making a recovery.

My tallest corn stalk is 5' 8" as of a few minutes ago, which is 4" taller than yesterday at around noonish so I really cant complain to much, we eat alot of grilled corn on cob so I am happy w/how well its doing, although I was really looking forward to my watermelons, we eat alot of watermelon too in the summer so loosing almost all of them was sort of a bummer.

And I am a little concerned about potential the size of my pumpkins, they are going to be gigantic, I am thinking I'll need to have to use a chainsaw to carve jacko'lanterns out of them, or maybe a crane to beable to lift them out of the garden come this fall, they'll be fun to take pictures of my daughter sitting up top of them anyway.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    The fields in my area are looking ok. Corn's up, beans are up. Most of the corn is looking good. Some got messed up in the lower areas because of the wetness. The mint fields are good, though.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    So far we are almost done with our fields. All of our corn is planted, fertilizer is applied and most is up, some is almost a foot high. Beans we have two fields left, I just finished one about an hour or so ago and we are getting ready to start the next one. I swapped the soybean drill for the disc when I got home, and dad just put some more hydraulic fluid in the tractor and hooked up the hydraulic lines for me ( I got lazy and wanted to eat lunch, lol). Hopefully the one I'm gonna be going to do now won't be too wet in some areas. I know there is always a big wet spot in one area so here's to wishing and hoping I don't get stuck like I did the other night, lol. In one of the fields we just finished over the weekend I was in a low area that was in a part of a field where there was a pond uphill from it. I got the tractor and disc stuck pretty deep, we had to pull them out seperate. Dad's been noticing some fields not done yet too, and most of them belong to a nearby millionaire that decided to get into farming.

wmitchell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Franklin, In
    dont look like much will be goin on in johnson county for a while. since getting off at 5 my barnlot looks like a lake. be suprised if we didnt get another inch in the past few hours

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Our fields are going good. Got the 28 on a few weeks ago and most of the corn is knee high. Beans are doing good as well. We actually need MORE rain. Got .25" today, hopefully will get more in the next few days.

Montgomery County

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    So far we are almost done with our fields. All of our corn is planted, fertilizer is applied and most is up, some is almost a foot high. Beans we have two fields left, I just finished one about an hour or so ago and we are getting ready to start the next one. I swapped the soybean drill for the disc when I got home, and dad just put some more hydraulic fluid in the tractor and hooked up the hydraulic lines for me ( I got lazy and wanted to eat lunch, lol). Hopefully the one I'm gonna be going to do now won't be too wet in some areas. I know there is always a big wet spot in one area so here's to wishing and hoping I don't get stuck like I did the other night, lol. In one of the fields we just finished over the weekend I was in a low area that was in a part of a field where there was a pond uphill from it. I got the tractor and disc stuck pretty deep, we had to pull them out seperate. Dad's been noticing some fields not done yet too, and most of them belong to a nearby millionaire that decided to get into farming.
    you know what they say about farming. if you want to make a million farming. start with 2 million

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    With the rain we got today, and may get through the night. I doubt those last two fields will get finished for another couple days. But they are both in beans so that works. We did pretty well and only switched two small fields from corn to beans this year due to the late planting. Everything else that was corn made it in alright. Only good thing about this rain is now I may have a day or two to finish getting the trans out of my other car so I can reshim it and get the car back together.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    We've only got one more field left. Just finished one yesterday. But just after I started running the tractor/disc for dad I got stuck..... He forgot to tell me about a spring that was in the field.... As I was approaching I saw the taw grass that they went around before, and it had water standing, but just thought it was a wet spot and could lift the disc and make it through. I was wrong... I didn't try for long to get it out cause I realized it was of no use. And in the 10 mins I had to wait on him to unhook his tractor and grab the tow strap I sunk some more.. The tractor sunk deep enough for the mud to be touching the bottom of the rearend. We got lucky we were able to pull it out as easy as we did.

Top Bottom