So.. what are you reloading at the moment??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gcoop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Preparing 400 cases for 300 Blackout ammo at this time. 300 cases are from once fired 223Rem. rounds and 100 new factory cases. Stocking up on 30caliber bullets when possible. Going to take my time over the winter months, and reload small amounts at a time.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Did you hook up a case feeder to it?

Did you hook up a case feeder to it?

Really fast hands ;)

I was able to put it on a shelf under my 650 & use that casefeeder.

I would like to get a dedicated feeder for it. A fine member here has one for a fair price, still trying to decide if I really need it or just pull one of my existing ones to do a run.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Really fast hands ;)

I was able to put it on a shelf under my 650 & use that casefeeder.

I would like to get a dedicated feeder for it. A fine member here has one for a fair price, still trying to decide if I really need it or just pull one of my existing ones to do a run.
    Thats pretty much what I did to begin with. I ran a piece of vinyl tubing from a 650 to feed mine. Then I happened on a Dillon case feeder at a church thrift store in Anderson for $60.00 along with a pos tumbler.
    Using a ring roller has brought my gauge failures to almost zero.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Thats pretty much what I did to begin with. I ran a piece of vinyl tubing from a 650 to feed mine. Then I happened on a Dillon case feeder at a church thrift store in Anderson for $60.00 along with a pos tumbler.
    Using a ring roller has brought my gauge failures to almost zero.

I had tarnished/ugly brass set aside to load for shooting when retrieval may be difficult. Rolled & loaded 180 rounds of that & only had 1 fail the gauge, chambered it & the coating on the bullet was marred on 1 side indicating that it may be been a wonky projo.

The majority of the rounds fell in & fell out of the gauge, not what I had experienced in the past.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I had tarnished/ugly brass set aside to load for shooting when retrieval may be difficult. Rolled & loaded 180 rounds of that & only had 1 fail the gauge, chambered it & the coating on the bullet was marred on 1 side indicating that it may be been a wonky projo.

The majority of the rounds fell in & fell out of the gauge, not what I had experienced in the past.
    Good, between that and a judicious taper crimp I have few issues anymore.

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    I'm a real lazy bump.
    I have over 800 rounds of 223, 6.5 grendel, 6.5 creedmoor, 300blk, 308, 8mm, and 450bm loaded and waiting to be tested.
    Maybe when it warms up a bit I'll get to shoot them.

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Got a tiny batch of 30-06 loaded this afternoon. I have  almost settled on a load of choice for my M1. It seems to like IMR 4064 best, and something in the neighborhood of 47.5 - 48.5 grains. Hopefully one last trip to Atterbury and I'll finally have it sorted.

Top Bottom