So.. what are you reloading at the moment??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    So, here is the lowdown on what Dillon Precision told when I called them on May 1st. I wasn't going to say anything, but I figured it might help someone if they had "plans." Like, try plan B.

The stock status/shipping dates of reloading dies listed on the webpage is NOT accurate.

I ordered 9mm dies in May of 2022 and they are "hoping" to be caught up this year. If you are looking for dies from them be prepared to wait a very significant amount of time. I'm hoping to see them by Christmas. :wallbash:
    Did you get a Covid or supply chain response/excuse for no availability? Any reason why die prices doubled overnight at Dillon? All of these manufacturers continue to blame Covid19 and supply chain even though 3 years have elapsed! I call B.S. on all of this at the current time.

sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    Did you get a Covid or supply chain response/excuse for no availability? Any reason why die prices doubled overnight at Dillon? All of these manufacturers continue to blame Covid19 and supply chain even though 3 years have elapsed! I call B.S. on all of this at the current time.
    I was on hold for a bit and they had nothing. I asked if they could tell me the order date of their latest shipped dies to try to guesstimate and still nothing. All I got is the, "We're hoping to be caught up this year." Whatever it was, their lips were tightly sealed. Frustrating to say the least.

reload45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    While I was following the returns last night I occupied my time fruitfully by prepping some 308 brass for my cousin who is working on a few loads for his Model 70.

And I prepped the brass from my last shoot with the Henry 44mag. After 7 loads with 4 different powders I think I have a good enough load using 19.3 grains of Lil'Gun with a 225 FTX Hornady bullet. I am kind of hoping to do my first deer hunt using it.

The last few months have really gotten me in to reloading. I have reloaded more ammo in the last few months then I have for the last 6 years! I am really enjoying doing it more for some reason.

Currently waiting for my hardcast 9mm 120 grains hard cast semi wadcutter bullets to come in. Loaded them up before and shot. Good accuracy,reliable feeding. WW231,Titegroup,and Hodgdon HS-6 have worked out well. Reloading for over 45 yrs,and always look to try a powder have not used before.
    So what are you reloading at the moment? Please share.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Carbide has been difficult to aquire for a few years now.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Found a decent load that shoots point if aim at 15yds. I had several groups touching each other.

Summit City 147gr RN coated
    4.2gr AutoComp
    COL: 1.100
    Argentine SP primers
    Mixed brass.

Screenshot_20230616-225412_Digital Link.jpg

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    About 80 rounds of 6BR Norma for a 300 yd match on Wednesday and a 600 yd match on Sunday.

Berger 105 grain HPBT / 28.5 grains Varget / CCI-400 primer.

I love shooting matches but wish I could just wave a magic wand to produce the ammo.

gcoop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Cut down 200, 223Remington once fired brass to make 300 Blackout brass. Then deprimed and resized brass, ready for accurate trim lenght and primer pocket cleaning.

Top Bottom