So.. what are you reloading at the moment??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I tested those weak loads of 3.1 Sport pistol yesterday. It’s too mild for use in a stiffly sprung carry gun like my p10s. Cases came out very dirty, leaked out rather than ejected, and had multiple malfunctions. Daughter (teen) had major limp wrist FTEs and FTFs. But they didn’t go away for me.

Accuracy seems good, I had no problems hitting ipsc plate at 25y very consistently, and I’m not great with a pistol.

I think Sport Pistol probably needs more like 3.5gr to run coated 125s in a small, stiff gun. Maybe a gamer could make such a light load run.

I like the powder so far. Smells like firecrackers.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I tested those weak loads of 3.1 Sport pistol yesterday. It’s too mild for use in a stiffly sprung carry gun like my p10s. Cases came out very dirty, leaked out rather than ejected, and had multiple malfunctions. Daughter (teen) had major limp wrist FTEs and FTFs. But they didn’t go away for me.

Accuracy seems good, I had no problems hitting ipsc plate at 25y very consistently, and I’m not great with a pistol.

I think Sport Pistol probably needs more like 3.5gr to run coated 125s in a small, stiff gun. Maybe a gamer could make such a light load run.

I like the powder so far. Smells like firecrackers.

I had a similar issue with some light loads with TG. Got a lot of stovepipes and other malfunctions due to a light load. I had loaded up some 3.3 grain loads. When I went to 3.5, the issues went away, but by going to 3.8 I feel I have more comfortable cushion from such malfunctions if the gun gets dirty(er) or the the angle of the sun changes.

I'm not into changing springs and all that. I want my pistol to run with the parts that came with it from the factory.

sgthud

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 28, 2019
    Fishers
    I'm back to reloading 9mm 147g (got plenty of 115g). Got luckly, found 2000rds of 147g Berry's on MidwayUSA.

I am now loading 9mm 147g FMJRP BB with Hodgdon Titegroup powder (3.2 grains) with OAL 1.1". Through my testing, this combo works well with all my 9mm.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I had a similar issue with some light loads with TG. Got a lot of stovepipes and other malfunctions due to a light load. I had loaded up some 3.3 grain loads. When I went to 3.5, the issues went away, but by going to 3.8 I feel I have more comfortable cushion from such malfunctions if the gun gets dirty(er) or the the angle of the sun changes.

I'm not into changing springs and all that. I want my pistol to run with the parts that came with it from the factory.

Re-springing my carry gun is a non starter. I’m confident that even 3.5gr would run. I just need to get a feel for this powder in the bottom range as I want an economical but functional plinking load.

Even 3.1 ran ok with 147s. I was 4.5gr with be-86. Not sure a whole grain less is economizing but it’s also about 20% less powder.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I wish I could find a way to analyze the PF and velocity of certain loads prior to actually chronographing them.

Like a database that I could input my projectile weight, powder type and charge weights and have it calculate average data.

What I find is a lot of incomplete data out there. I get it, we have ton's of powders and even more bullets so it may be virtually impossible to cover much more that what is out there.

I have a few manuals and they really don't cover much and Hodgdons site produces 3 bullet profiles for 125 grain and only a min/max load.

If anyone knows of such a site I could use, let me know.

deerslayer512

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 23, 2014
    Indianapolis
    257 Weatherby Mag
    71.5grs Alliant RL25
    100gr Barnes TTSX

Shot a raggedy one hole at 100y last weekend. 71.5grs puts it at 3300, which is a bit slow for the 257 roy, but i figured i was happy with those groups

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    Loaded some 300BO deer loads. Hadn't planned on them but the dies were still set for the 110 gr Tac-Tx so I went ahead and made up more so I have plenty for a few seasons. Now I will switch to 110 gr Hornady SP for range fun.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Loaded up some 124gr 9mm HP and some 45acp HP both using up what I had left of HP38 powder. I got 225rds of 45acp and 125 rds of 9mm I think it was just around 1/4lb left so wanted to get it all used.

Top Bottom