So.. what are you reloading at the moment??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Not really loading, smelted a 5 gal bucket of lead ingots today.
    Its pure lead from old waterlines I've collected over the years, we normally cast wheel weights for our bullets

gcoop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Just finished loading 100 rounds of 300 blackout plinking ammo before dinner tonight. Just received my order of more 30cal. bullets minutes ago, so its a pretty good evening.:rockwoot:

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Just finished 1200 rounds of 9mm, 300 .38 special, and am now starting on about 500 .308. My small pistol primer supply is almost gone, so probably it for pistol until primers available again.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I’m a little envious of some of the numbers you folks are posting up as I slug along with my single stage,lol.

I’m loading 9mm, 125 TC Blue Bullets over 3.8 gr TG. 500 loaded so far with another 250 to go. In January I’m expecting 3600 more bullets and 5000 primers. I should have no supply interruptions between now and then. If I do finish out my Blue’s, I have FMJ 115 and some 124 Gold Dots I can work on.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Well I've been working on my 10mm ammo supply.
    I've had a box of 1000 new starline cases sitting around here for a long time and when I noticed how expensive ammo is now I decided to get busy and load them up along with the spent cases I have on hand. So I started casting enough Lee 175 grain bullets to fill them with. I don't resize new brass but I do slightly bell the case mouth to ease in the cast bullets, works great. I set my powder dispenser by dropping ten charges and weighing ten times the weight of the charge I need. For instance, a charge of 10.4 grains per cartridge times ten would equal 104.0 grains, this fine tunes the charge I drop into each cartridge. I also double tap the dispenser lever at the top and bottom stroke to settle each charge, this helps with consistency of each charge. Then after loading each cartridge I use my 10mm tapper crimp die to remove the slight bell at the case mouth, this helps with consistency of each cartridge.

I'm retired so I can take my time and enjoy each step in the process. Reloading is a hobby in itself, enjoy it.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I’m a little envious of some of the numbers you folks are posting up as I slug along with my single stage,lol.

I’m loading 9mm, 125 TC Blue Bullets over 3.8 gr TG. 500 loaded so far with another 250 to go. In January I’m expecting 3600 more bullets and 5000 primers. I should have no supply interruptions between now and then. If I do finish out my Blue’s, I have FMJ 115 and some 124 Gold Dots I can work on.
    I started on a single stage. Around 2014-15 I got into loading for pistols. That winter I started stocking up. I loaded a lot of 9mm and 38spl on a Rock Chucker. As I started adding more calibers, I bought a Lee Classic Turret. For my shooting, this press does plenty for me. I do all pistol on the LCT as well as load AR rounds. I use my RCBS for rifle and processing the AR rounds. On pistol stuff, I can do about 350 rounds per hour.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Made up a batch of experimental bullets for the single shot .41 Magnum rifle.
    295 grain gas checked flat nosed wadcutters with the forward half of the bullets having no lube grooves, cylindrical to the precise bore diameter to ride the lands when chambered.

Hand lubed using homemade lanolin-olive oil-beeswax-petroleum jelly formula paste, gas checks crimped on with a .410 push through sizer, then the forward half trued up with a .400 diameter H&I die. Should be able to exceed .40-65 performance and the distinctive profile will preclude putting them in a revolver by mistake.

The bullet was originally designed for a Blackhawk but even with EDM magna-porting the revolver is light weight enough that the recoil will move the slugs in the cases as with an inertial bullet puller. So the mold design is being adapted to the rifle and the volume of lead in front of the case mouth (maximizing powder space) can rest in the rifling when chambered.

First will chrono loads with the totally dependable 2400 and 4198 to develop a base line, then scout about for alternative powders to provide greater velocities in the rifle length barrel.

Trevelayan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 11, 2014
    Putnam Co.
    I've loaded some 357 for my Henry that's on it's way, going to try to figure out what loads it likes. I've heard Leverguns can be picky about OAL but we will see.

Top Bottom