So this is why lawyers spend all that time at the office...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've spent my entire business career trying to avoid needing lawyers, but like alcoholic beverages, they are useful on occasion.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    As some of you know, I am a tea-totaler meaning that I am capable of doing the stupid stuff perfectly sober that others need to drink to do.

In medical school we had a huge physiology test. Like 120 questions. The only one I missed was because
    they said someone was a tea-totaler. I had no idea what that meant. I assumed that meant they drank a ton of alcohol.

highest score in my class but would have had a 100% if not for that stupid word

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Pfft.... not sure what to make of doctors. The TV ones said I should drink 1-2 drinks a day for my heart.
    I told my doctor that I was having a drink every day and he said I was an alcoholic if I was drinking every day and needed to knock it off.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    That is a tough one because she was not intoxicated when she showed up to work. They intoxicated her and then sent her packing and got hit with a train. Certainly no duty unless you are responsible for her becoming altered. IMO

With whom does “responsibility” lie? Was she forced at gunpoint to drink alcohol? If not, she made a choice. To be fair, I’ve never agreed with a bar being sued for someone getting too drunk either.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We had an employee literally falling down drunk at work one day. When I took it "upstairs" the person in charge responded the he should probably send him home. I strongly urged him to not allow this employee to drive the 30 miles home but to arrange transportation to mitigate any possible liability.

I have a problem with the scenario presented in the OP, she was too drunk to remain at work so they threw her out and locked the doors behind her I would think that would tend to place some of the responsibility on them.

Just opinion, don't know the legal ins and outs. And I don't consider this the same as being thrown out of a bar for being too drunk.

Really I'm just rambling to get to 13k posts.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    noah.richey
    Top Bottom