• ...and so much more!
  • 00Buck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Near Martinsville
    Nice snubbys!

A close friend of mine bought a LCR and let me put 100 rds through it.

I was impress with the double action trigger. The trigger was very controllable. Almost like a single action if you put your index finger on the trigger until it reaches the first joint. A short quick pull until the cylinder indexes then slowly squeeze until it breaks. It made the steel swing every time. A purpose built gun that would fill the intended purpose. :yesway:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Doggy daddy here's a 66-1 P&R I acquired from a fellow INGO member.

image-92.jpg

Sweet! I've got a 4" 66-1 too, and used to have a 6" 66-4, but traded it a couple of years ago... still regret that decision. :(

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    What's the trigger like on the LCR?

The trigger is great, I love it. Easy to shoot to be honest, little stiff but its smoothness makes up for it. Like others have said, you can stage the trigger for a nice clean shot. Great gun, little snappy but is purpose built. I lost mine to the ol' lady.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nice! I have been looking for one of those speed loaders. I haven't founda LSG that stocks them. I need to order one or two.. Is that a IWB holster?

Yes Sir. Made by a local guy who no longer makes holsters. His name is Little Feather Leather. Half Scots-Irish and half Cherokee and 100 percent Artist. He sold these IWB for $40 and that one has been used by me for 12 years on a daily basis. His wife got cancer and he quit making holsters to take care of her. I would say 25% of the LEO in Clark, Harrison, and Floyd County carry his duty rigs. He had one duty rig that he made 25 years ago that the officer gave back to him after he retired. He had it hanging in the shop as a loaner while other LEO's were waiting for their rig to be finished. Back in his twenties he worked building skyscrapers in Indy and commuted everyday. He had enough Cherokee in him that he could walk on an I beam hundreds of feet in the air and not get vertigo. He was written up in American Handgunner Magazine about 15 years ago and the author reminded the reader that Little Feather had been the custom designer for Lawrence in Ok and Gould and Goodrich in NC and that many holsters designs we see today were actually designed by Little Feather. He is a heck of a guy. He looked like an Old Hippie and is the finest leather craftsman I have ever had the privilige of knowing.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Thanks for the info........

I remember reading about Little Feather holsters in a gun rag some years back; it may have been American Handgunner, my memory goes fuzzy on anything pre Spice Girls. :) I do seem to remember he was credited as a favorite by regional Feds who carried a firearm on duty.

He used to have a website that I visited several times to peruse the goods. Sad to learn he is no longer in the business.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Midway USA carries the Bianchi 580 Speed strips
    Bianchi 580 Speed Strips 38 Special 357 Mag Package of 2 Plastic Black

As well as, the HKS speed loaders 36-A. (I'm assuming they are for your S&W 640.)
    HKS Revolver Speedloader Charter Arms Rossi 68 Ruger SP101 S&W 36 37

Thanks G for the tips. I will be ordering some shortly.

And since this thread has been totally jacked and turned in to a show and tell :-) Here is my baby!

It is a fun shooter. Daily pocket carry as my bug. I can shoot 1 1/2 inch groups at 10 yards or so. Shooting .357's really make your hand ring! I normally run +P's. I don't like a flashy carry piece but the Stainless makes it really durable. I wipe it down with Rem Oil a few times a month. I had to polish the sides of the hammer and degrease it. It had a really heavy and gritty trigger. It is much better. I have a lighter weight spring kit to install someday soon.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I was thinking about getting a rossi .357 snub nose six shot for shoulder carry. Good idea?

SNAGGLE TOOTH

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Indy
    Nice rig. I carry a charter arms bulldog pug in 44 special that unbelievably is accurate enough that I can hit a 10" paper plate with at 50 yards. Not good looking like yours but hey, it will still set a bad guy on fire.....

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    You guys have some good looking snubs. :thumbsup:

I'm starting to develop an obsession with snub nose revolvers also. My snubs are easily among my favorite guns I own.

S&W 642

S&W 625

S&W 681 PC

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    S&W Model 19-3. My first snubby and man I am really surprised how sweet it shoots. Loaded with .357 magnums it is stout but really easy to control. At 25 yards I can punch holes in paper without wasting ammo.

a006.jpg

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Yes Sir. Made by a local guy who no longer makes holsters. His name is Little Feather Leather. Half Scots-Irish and half Cherokee and 100 percent Artist. He sold these IWB for $40 and that one has been used by me for 12 years on a daily basis. His wife got cancer and he quit making holsters to take care of her. I would say 25% of the LEO in Clark, Harrison, and Floyd County carry his duty rigs. He had one duty rig that he made 25 years ago that the officer gave back to him after he retired. He had it hanging in the shop as a loaner while other LEO's were waiting for their rig to be finished. Back in his twenties he worked building skyscrapers in Indy and commuted everyday. He had enough Cherokee in him that he could walk on an I beam hundreds of feet in the air and not get vertigo. He was written up in American Handgunner Magazine about 15 years ago and the author reminded the reader that Little Feather had been the custom designer for Lawrence in Ok and Gould and Goodrich in NC and that many holsters designs we see today were actually designed by Little Feather. He is a heck of a guy. He looked like an Old Hippie and is the finest leather craftsman I have ever had the privilige of knowing.

Neat story. Thanks for sharing.

00Buck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Near Martinsville
    Here is my most accurate snub. S&W 15-2 2" it has an extremely smooth double action, crisp single action and no kidding shoots like it has a 6 inch barrel. At 20 yards it will stack bullets if your steady enough. I don't know why these snub nose model 15 shoot so well. Its not much of a CCW, to heavy and has a square butt.

image-29.jpg

Top Bottom