• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Hey guys just wondering if I could get a recommendation a decent sling for my TAC20 (pic below). Haven't ever really looked into slings, so I'm not really sure what would be a good fit for it or not any ideas?....

IMG_20140831_103507_130_zpsyir4sgvr.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I prefer a CW/English 3 point--the utility of the 2 point and the stability of the GI web sling (admittedly a compromise). Easy and instant.

This morning I worked with a Rhodesian sling a bunch. Also easy and instant. I use the ones from Andy in New Hampshire, wicked good there, palie.:D

Oh, almost forgot the Ching sling.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Links for further info:

Ching Sling: Ching sling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Galco's Safari Ching Sling: http://www.galcogunleather.com/safari-ching-sling_8_361_1257.html

CW/British 3 point/Bisley 2 point:

CW sling on Steyr Scout:

cwblk.jpg

Canadian Bisley 2 point target sling (which was demonstrated to Jeff Cooper in Central America by Carlos Widman and Cooper named it the "CW sling" in his honor--thus the CW sling, the British 3 point system and the Bisely 2 point target sling are all the same thing):

standard.jpg

Rhodesian sling: andysleather.

Andy demonstrating the Rhodesian sling:

DSCN0149.JPG

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Hey guys just wondering if I could get a recommendation a decent sling for my TAC20 (pic below). Haven't ever really looked into slings, so I'm not really sure what would be a good fit for it or not any ideas?....

What is the purpose of your sling? If you are intending to use it as a supportive shooting to aid to increase your stability, the choices mentioned would be a good idea.

If it's for carrying it, or keeping it ready for immediate use, you'd be better served by something like a Viking Tactics VTAC sling or a Vickers slings from Blue Force Gear. Both can be used as a supportive sling as well, but that is a secondary purpose.

Top Bottom