Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    "CRT has its underpinnings in the philosophical writings of Derrick Bell in the 1970s and early 1980s. It was born out of the realization by legal scholars, lawyers, and activists that many of the advances of the civil rights era had stopped and in some circumstances were being reversed."

I fundamentally do not agree with this assessment. Since the 1980s we have had CEO's, Presidents, and Cabinet Members, Heads of State, all come from races other than white, and mostly African American. To teach in school we are failing to embrace the civil rights movement in 2021 is just plain wrong, and a huge lie.

The black lives matter crowd want to have fairness in hiring, and representation in movies, music, tv, sports, and corporate American. If you look at their assumed fairness it would say that 50% of all of these positions are African American, or people of color. Well that's perfect for them, but as of 2019 African Americans represented 13.4% of the population. Of that 13.4% of the population 74% of African American males under the age of 28 were in prison, or unemployed. So if we give 50% plus of all the best positions in American to 13.4% of the population then how is that fair? Let alone racist? The real issue is no one tells the facts. They tell lies. Critical Race Theory will only allow the lies to continue.

80+% of all homicides against an African American is another African American, and of those homicides 51% were people that they knew. 2000+ homicides in Chicago, no one cares. The platform of the leftist ideals are built on non sense that only allows those individuals to enrich themselves with enormous wealth, and power at the expense of the very people they should be helping. Look at the BLM founder under fire now because she purchased 3.4 million in property.

I was in the US Navy. I served with Blacks, Hispanics, Jews, Muslims, Christians Filipinos, Samoans, and I will tell you. We all got along great, and trusted each other with our lives. That was 30 years ago. American is a fantastic place, I love her. All the lies from the media and political, and university elite will never change that. American is not a racist Nation. There is definitely no such thing as "White Privilege".
    This is not a “My problem with Black People is...” thread. The title is in reference to Slavery in America, which peripheral to CRT. There are plenty of other threads you can place those gripes in.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    With all due respect can you please show me where I stated I had a problem with any race?
    Surely you’re not ok with all the figures you stated? Those figures, regardless of the veracity, have no bearing on “Slavery in America.” If you think they do, Im open to being informed.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I’m open to being informed.
    You don’t think that the ORIGINAL sin of the United States was the horrific treatment of the indigenous people? The lies, broken treaties, and wholesale slaughter of the people (by weapons and biological warfare) started long before any slaves set foot in the US. Every inch of ground that you possess was stolen from Native Americans. I also think that the descendants of the slaves are WAY better off today than the few descendants of the NATIVE Americans.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You don’t think that the ORIGINAL sin of the United States was the horrific treatment of the indigenous people? The lies, broken treaties, and wholesale slaughter of the people (by weapons and biological warfare) started long before any slaves set foot in the US. Every inch of ground that you possess was stolen from Native Americans. I also think that the descendants of the slaves are WAY better off today than the few descendants of the NATIVE Americans.
    I understand what you’re saying. NA were in a bad way well before the creation of the nation. I’m alluding to original sin, as from the moment the Constitution was drafted, on.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Didn't the American Indian have slaves? There were different tribes with different cultures. Yet they warred with each other, and the victors killed the men, stole the women for slaves, and stole the children and raised them as slaves. This was long before the pilgrims landed.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Didn't the American Indian have slaves? There were different tribes with different cultures. Yet they warred with each other, and the victors killed the men, stole the women for slaves, and stole the children and raised them as slaves. This was long before the pilgrims landed.
    Black Africans in Northern Africa had white slaves. It’s ridiculous to play the game of tallying historical sins and applying them to individuals today who had nothing to do with them.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    NAs did have other slaves, but in many instances those slaves became full members of the tribe. Slavery, in localized cases, was typically the same. Reason being, an escaped slave can simply run away and return to their tribe. Make them a member, and they stay.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I understand what you’re saying. NA were in a bad way well before the creation of the nation. I’m alluding to original sin, as from the moment the Constitution was drafted, on.
    From the moment the constitution was written, the wholesale abuse of Native Americans was in full swing. AND, this abuse continued long AFTER slavery was abolished (the last battle and abuse of “Indians” was in 1918)

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    They usually raised the children as their own, not as slaves

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    Elkhart, IN
    Surely you’re not ok with all the figures you stated? Those figures, regardless of the veracity, have no bearing on “Slavery in America.” If you think they do, Im open to being informed.

You asked for someone to please explain how CRT was a racist ideology. I quoted that question in my remarks. Thus, that's how I got to the CRT. Your question. I believe I answered it. Figures of fact are the only way to discuss truth. I hope no one in this forum is ok with those figures I shared.

The united States voted to eliminate the slave trade in 1808. It was illegal in the US to import a slave after this date. The actual record of slaves imported to the Americas was less than 3500 during that time by records of that time. In comparison it was over 350,000 to Brazil.

George Washington has several letters discussing how he hated slavery. He was from Virginia and he inherited his slaves from his father when he passed away when he was 11. George freed all of the slaves in his will once his mother and wife passed away.

There are dozen, and dozen of historical record showing America was always striving to eliminate slavery, we understood it was not an ideal we wanted as a country.

Why are all of these things glossed over now, with lies and half truths? What is served by not highlighting the truth?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You asked for someone to please explain how CRT was a racist ideology. I quoted that question in my remarks. Thus, that's how I got to the CRT. Your question. I believe I answered it. Figures of fact are the only way to discuss truth. I hope no one in this forum is ok with those figures I shared.

The united States voted to eliminate the slave trade in 1808. It was illegal in the US to import a slave after this date. The actual record of slaves imported to the Americas was less than 3500 during that time by records of that time. In comparison it was over 350,000 to Brazil.

George Washington has several letters discussing how he hated slavery. He was from Virginia and he inherited his slaves from his father when he passed away when he was 11. George freed all of the slaves in his will once his mother and wife passed away.

There are dozen, and dozen of historical record showing America was always striving to eliminate slavery, we understood it was not an ideal we wanted as a country.

Why are all of these things glossed over now, with lies and half truths? What is served by not highlighting the truth?
    Well, to me it is obvious why these facts are glossed over. Soooooooooooooooo many people would loose their power and revenue streams. Keep this **** alive, push the narrative and hold America hostage in the same vein as The Rev. (:lmfao:) Jesse Jackson.

Top Bottom