2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    OK, so here are the first pictures... the "before":
    SKS_Pre_2.JPG

SKS_Pre_2.JPG

Note the many dings and dents.

SKS_Pre_1.JPG

and yes, I have removed the fixed mag... I have a 30 round poly mag of unknown make that works very well, so far, 1 FTF in 120 rounds.

SKS_Pre_3.JPG

Last edited:

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Let me know what u decide... I can"t decide what i want to do with mine.... I'm torn between keeping it stock or goin with a tapco

I have a plasticized Norinco SKS & will say this: if the length of the wood stock suits you, don't fudge with the gun. If you're 6'-3" with a 6'-8" wingspan like me, then get something cheap like Cabela's: Advanced Technology (ATI) SKS Ultralight Fixed/Folding Stock - Matte Black. That's the exact one I have & it suits my arms quite well. If you need it to work for both tall & short people, get one of the adjustable stocks the others have linked in this thread...my wife cannot shoot mine. :twocents:

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I have a plasticized Norinco SKS & will say this: if the length of the wood stock suits you, don't fudge with the gun. If you're 6'-3" with a 6'-8" wingspan like me, then get something cheap like Cabela's: Advanced Technology (ATI) SKS Ultralight Fixed/Folding Stock - Matte Black. That's the exact one I have & it suits my arms quite well. If you need it to work for both tall & short people, get one of the adjustable stocks the others have linked in this thread...my wife cannot shoot mine. :twocents:

Paco, I've got the wingspan issue, I'm 6'7" and I let a few friends fire it on a regular basis, so... I went with the ATI StrikeForce. Now I need to get a new Dremel so that I can "modify" the stock to work with my '81 Norinco. I"ve got to lengthen the mag well, widen the pistol grip trigger well, and buy a new gas tube/hand-guard... want to keep all the original parts intact. once I actually get all this done, I'll post additional pics.

ChromeLined

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Iv got a tapco covered Norinco. It isnt to bad, and it fits me better.
    But my tapco magazine..It is and I wont buy anymore unless they have been redesigned lately.
    I left 15 rounds in it and the back of the mag split about 1/4'' down the back, wich gave the feed lips alot of play.

ghostpoint

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Here is my Norinco, I never liked the old stock I am a big guy and the LOP on the old stock was just too short. With the T6 I can get it out further and have a much better feel.

Here are the before -
    2011-03-30172214.jpg

2011-03-30172154.jpg

And the after (with the a vented gas tube guard installed) -

2011-06-19163219.jpg

2011-06-19163201.jpg

Over all I am happy with it, though looking to put on a set of Tech Sights on it next.

Top Bottom