• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    anyone know anything about these. the lady at the one booth said they were a branach of from keltech and that they only made 9mm but also heard alot of ppl saying there have been several reports that they like to blow up.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    anyone know anything about these. the lady at the one booth said they were a branach of from keltech and that they only made 9mm but also heard alot of ppl saying there have been several reports that they like to blow up.

Not a branch of Keltec, they are their own company.

No, they are not gLocks, no reports of Ka-booms.

There are some breakage issues and the Skyy/Scyy needs a bit of break in just like the keltec P-11's.

Scyy will honor the Skyy's lifetime warranty as well.

FYI the name change was due to a Skyy voldka lawsuit on the name.

I owned a Keltec P11 and the wife bought a skyy 9mm... the Skyy was better made, more accurate and required 1 mag to break in vs the P11 fluff and buff that was needed.

I don't like any gun in that size because, IMO, it's too big to be a pocket gun and too small for anything else.

Bottom line, skyy/scyy or keltec.... same difference with a minimal edge to the skyy if for no other reason than the lifetime warranty for ANY owner.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Ditto, I looked at one and didn't like the safety. I beleive the safety is down to fire and there are reports that it will "Kick On" (go in the up position) during fire. There is a fix from the factory though. I probably would have been more interested if the safety was reversed.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    I personally haven't picked one up yet, but like the fact that they have an external safety in addition to the DA trigger. I have pawed them up at ZX guns in Goshen several times. Iv seen the guy who runs that shop sport one in his holster from time to time, and If memory serves, they keep on on the shelf as a shop gun.

Iv found that he is usually a very strait shooter, and he seems think they are good guns. For what its worth, they seem to be made just as well, or maybe just a tad better, than KelTec products; My KT products have been reliable.

pellidon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    Central Indiana
    It is a P-11 clone with a better trigger and slightly better fit and finish. Mine worked fine until the hammer broke, twice.

I buzzed some of the safety because it does flip up on recoil. Sccy has a kit to fix it. The hammer was a MIM part with a stress fracture waiting to happen in it's design. If the inside sharp angle has been radiused, it shouldn't break. I poined out the fault when my last one failed.

Top Bottom