• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Since the sit rep is now coming to our kitchens...

I liberated my Thanksgiving gift turkey from the freezer at work last night. In a few days she'll be in the brine and then this weekend it's gonna be on! If you guys have never had a fresh turkey sammich straight off the bird, hot out of the oven, you've been missing out.

Until Thanksgiving 2 years ago when our dinner got all wacky and out of time with itself, I had never done so before. It's possibly one of the greatest things to ever have happened to me. So, from now on, I'll be at the Thanksgiving table with a bun prepped and ready to roll.

To finish this PSA: you've only got about 20 minutes out of the oven for it to be really good. Make haste!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just made a run to Aldi and Kroger. Both really picked over. Kroger was pretty much out of meat for all intents and purposes. Aldi had plenty of bacon, fresh chicken breasts, milk and eggs. Neither had any paper towels or TP. Still plenty of beer, liquor and wine.

I was kind of bummed at Aldi. Last time I was in, they had some specialty bagels that were maple syrup and French toast flavor. I really wanted to try those for my breakfast sammiches (figured they'd taste kinda like McGriddles), but alas, they were out. I'll continue to make these little short trips and see what I can luck into. My only "splurge" was a great big coffee cake with either strawberry or cherry filling and icing. I haven't really had any sweets in the house for awhile, so I thought I'd get myself a little treat for an evening snack. :)

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    My LGS Fort Liberty in Avon: 10 9mm handguns in a case that usually has 40. Speaking of 40, three .40 S&Ws. More ARs than I thought I'd see, most $700-$1K. A couple AKs as well, No .357s, I think I saw one .38 sp.

Ammo: no 9mm, .380, .40, .45, 38 sp, 5.56. .223, 7.62X39, .410, 20 gauge. I did see some #8 shot 12 gauge.

.22 WMR, .22 Short there and several of them. A few .357 SJSP, some .45-70, 10mm, 10 gauge, .300 Blackout.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    My LGS Fort Liberty in Avon: 10 9mm handguns in a case that usually has 40. Speaking of 40, three .40 S&Ws. More ARs than I thought I'd see, most $700-$1K. A couple AKs as well, No .357s, I think I saw one .38 sp.

Ammo: no 9mm, .380, .40, .45, 38 sp, 5.56. .223, 7.62X39, .410, 20 gauge. I did see some #8 shot 12 gauge.

.22 WMR, .22 Short there and several of them. A few .357 SJSP, some .45-70, 10mm, 10 gauge, .300 Blackout.

A friend of mine stopped in there and said they were gouging on ammo prices. Not sure what exact prices that meant, but that was his report. I hope that's not the case. I've always liked that store.

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    Went to 5 grocery stores, all out of flour.

Did snag 2x 555 boxes of Winchester White Box .22LR for $40. Looking forward to trying it out, looks nicer than the Thunderbolt I've used till now.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Went to 5 grocery stores, all out of flour.

Did snag 2x 555 boxes of Winchester White Box .22LR for $40. Looking forward to trying it out, looks nicer than the Thunderbolt I've used till now.

I just came across 500 rounds of Armscor .22 that I had forgotten I had. It was sitting in another box on top of my dresser! :):

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    I just came across 500 rounds of Armscor .22 that I had forgotten I had. It was sitting in another box on top of my dresser! :):
    I've got a couple lines on flour from church folk, gonna get some tonight and maybe some tomorrow.

The ammo was spurred by seeing the INGO marketplace with 200% increases on ammo.
    Not surprising, just surprisingly quick... so I stocked up. Some places, folks don't even know ammo is sold there

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    A friend of mine stopped in there and said they were gouging on ammo prices. Not sure what exact prices that meant, but that was his report. I hope that's not the case. I've always liked that store.

For starters, what ammo? I don't have a price point in mind but was the .45 LC snake shot too high? I didn't see the price on the Hog Hunter .308 (assuming they had any left.) The CCI .22 Short was higher than L (I bought 100 .22 Long, because I could last week) and LR before this crap started, it's just what's left. The Aguila .357 SJSP was the same price it was Saturday when I grabbed a box (because it was there.) There was some .17 HMR, I couldn't tell gouging from a steal on it. I didn't look for .41 Mag, those guys might have bought it all up for the .41 Magnum Renaissance. Those renaissance guys are so smug :laugh:

Anything they got in lately will be higher, supply and demand thing.

Edit: I stand corrected on my earlier post. There was a .357 Magnum, an EMF SAA with a 5.5" barrel. They had a couple others in .45 LC.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Your gouging comment is an emotional response to a market based situation. The retailer is doing nothing wrong. Markets are changing. I do not remember any complaints when the market went the other way after Trumps election and LGS lost money because that market changed. Instead of posts saying things like "I sure am glad I stocked while cheap" we get veiled threats to hold grudges and badmouth our gun and ammo suppliers...

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    Went to PlyMouth WM this morn for a script. Didn't know it but Tues. 6:00 to 7:00 is old folks time. Pharmacy open then too. Some TP and meats. Elderly lady at checkout got 2 pkgs of TP repo'ed. Only one pack per person. She could have got 1 12 pack.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    While I do appreciate you guys reporting in with very vital information from all corners of the state, I do have one little question.....

WHY ARE YOU STILL OUT SHOPPING?

STAY THE **** HOME!

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Got a call this morning asking if I wanted burger. I said yes. MIL was at Costco at happy hour for seniors. We had burgers for supper. Got a 7 pound package for about $22. I use a half cup measuring tool and make half cup patties out of it. Made 26 patties. 24 in the freezer. No TP there yet.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Elkhart 8pm

Just as quiet as last night... Truckers just as questionable as last night.

Dollar General was shockingly well stocked. TONS of scented bleach, but no regular. I guess people figure the scented doesn't work? Every other cleaning supply you could ever hope for too. TONS of water, plenty of paper towels, shocking amount of canned goods, plenty of frozen stuff (including veggies... this was news to me. DG didn't use to carry anything like that at all the last time I was there).

So... At least the one on 15 North of Goshen by the firehouse is stocked up. I'm wondering if DG stores might be an untapped resource?

OH.. And they had tape on the floor of where people were supposed to stand in line at the registers, 6 feet apart with big Xs. I guess the CDC asked them to? That was kinda the way the clerk described it to me.

Duck: The ice cream I bought isn't going to eat itself! I haven't had ice cream in months, and if I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die having had some ice cream again. Side note, selection there was pretty poor, but I got some decent flavors. Edy's Butterfinger and a tub of Edy's Double Chocolate Brownie. I needed sour cream for other endeavors. I've been trying, and succeeding, at cutting some weight but if this really could be the end, F it. I'm having some good stuff for a week or two. Probably gonna S-I-P for the next week now. I'm out of lettuce though... :(

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Your gouging comment is an emotional response to a market based situation. The retailer is doing nothing wrong. Markets are changing. I do not remember any complaints when the market went the other way after Trumps election and LGS lost money because that market changed. Instead of posts saying things like "I sure am glad I stocked while cheap" we get veiled threats to hold grudges and badmouth our gun and ammo suppliers...

I heard plenty of complaints. Guess from who? Gun store folks. I don't blame them, but what goes around comes around, I guess. I support my local gun stores, but I'm not buying an $10 box of 9mm for $25. Sorry. I bought mine when they were complaining that nobody was buying. They didn't complain about me buying it, though.

I don't blame them for doing what they do. I'll happily express my opionions about gouging, though. Doubling or raising the price by 150% is gouging, IMO. Btw, I'm not saying Ft. Liberty did that. I don't know, I wasn't there. They are good folks, so maybe my buddy was just unaware of what is typical pricing.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom