• ...and so much more!
  • mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy

Why donate?
    Because you may save up to 8 lives through organ donation and enhance many others through tissue donation.Last year alone, organ donors made more than 28,000 transplants possible. Another one million people received cornea and other tissue transplants that helped them recover from trauma, bone damage, spinal injuries, burns, hearing impairment and vision loss.

Unfortunately, thousands die every year waiting for a donor organ that never comes. You have the power to change that.

You have the power to save up to 8 lives after you pass, and you won't need the organs after you depart.

Many individuals have religious objections to organ donation, but often times this is the result of a misconception. For example, many believe the Catholic Church forbids organ donation. As a Catholic I can tell you this is not the case. Organ donation is accepted and encouraged as long as minimal criteria are met (life is not intentionally ended to allow organ donation, etc.). It's also a common misconception that you will not receive the same level of medical care if you are a donor, once again this is NOT true.

I'm happy to answer any questions about organ donation or research any concerns. Cute baby pictures to follow...

https://www.donatelifeindiana.org/register/

ORGANIZE - Register to be an organ donor

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    23rsp09.jpg

One day the life you save may be his.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    That picture is priceless!

My kids were signed up when they got their driver's license. It was a requirement of their mom's :) I have always been an organ donor! I certainly won't need them when I am gone so why not?

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I'm a organ donor, whom ever is lucky enough to receive my Organ, will end up with a predisposition to date women 20 years his junior and the propensity to make adult home movies.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Had the little red heart on my license since I got it. I'm on a list waiting for one now, but I don't want any of you guys' :) Anyway, I'm going to ask if I should stay on.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I have been since I got my license. My mom gave a kidney to my uncle several years ago and my Grandpa received one from his sister way back. So we're a big organ donation family.

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    Count me in for the crowd of "have been since I got my license"
    Never thought of a single reason not to, like others have said, if it comes to that point, you sure won't be needing it!

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Had not thought much about it until I lost a brother in 1992 while he waited for a liver. Do a little research of the subject including # waiting compared to # organs available and to me it became a no-brainer. As others have said, at that point I am done with them anyway.

Top Bottom